Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wakesurf boards

soonerbilly

I asked this over on wakeworld but didnt get much of a response. I was looking around on the Triple x web site and sow that they had a Nitro Pro X for 399. They also have a OUTCAST Black Ball and a BULLET Black Ball soft top board for 136. Can these cheap boards be used to wakesurf? I mean crap at that price theyre almost a season disposable board.

sooner,

I don't think your boat has anything to do with lack of response. Your post is in the wrong area. The people most active in equipment threads are in the watersports and gear section not the general discussion for malibu boats....anyway, I'm not familiar with either of those models but in looking at them on their site could you use it, yes, will they be ideal, no. Properly taken care of there is no reason a quality wakesurfer won't last years and years.

Thanks 85. Next time ill try to post in the appropriate are. I was just wondering because i had a board get split by a newbie last year when he fell and it missled into the transom. I figured if they were at least decent i could use them for newbies, and i figured maybe someone had tried them for the same reason.

So a non Bu owner gets no love huh? Maybe one day i can get an Axis or a BU.

Not even 2 hours and you are complaining... There are plenty of non BU owners on here. What 85 said and the amount of content that gets updated on this site daily is a lot for anyone to go through are the reasons no one responded yet.

That and there are probably very few people using the cheap boards to be able to give you an answer.

A lot of good info and vids can be found on YouTube and Vimeo on brand and models of various boards. I own TripleX boards and they are not as durable as a Inland Surfer (own these as well) for example but they are good boards. Your ride style and personal pref mean a lot. Research what ya think ya want and then ask bout specific models and guys on the crew can chime in on their experience w it.

Probrably not the site to throw a fit if you dont get an immediate response.

Also, the way you ask a question.... in addiiton to putting it in the right category as 85 noted...... is important to folks chiming in with perspective. Folks will give up quick on a thread if you are rambing and vauge in what you are looking for.

lets review how that could have been done:

Hi Crew, new to the site here, looking for feedback if anyone has experience with the Nitro Pro X, OUTCAST Black Ball, or BULLET Black Ball wakesurfs?

They are pretty cheap, want to ensure they are decent boards before I drop the coin on them?

Trust me.... me of all folks.... there are great guys on here, 95% could care less what boat you have.

Edited by nyryan2001

So a non Bu owner gets no love huh? Maybe one day i can get an Axis or a BU.

The boat in you Avatar is very nice!

I hear those boards surf very good, but may be a little fragile. I have never owned one before.

Edited by Afun

Thanks AFUN. And sorry if i ruffled any feathers. I thought i worded it pretty well. Like i said over on wakeworld a newbie launched my LF noserider into the transom and split it pretty bad. ( i mentioned its a tank over there too ) I got it for 250 and that about as cheap as they come, so if those triple x boards are even close to the noserider i can get a couple of them for the newbies. I wont let newbies ride the shredstixx and my ronix cortez would prob mess up the boat if it got launched.

Thanks AFUN. And sorry if i ruffled any feathers. I thought i worded it pretty well. Like i said over on wakeworld a newbie launched my LF noserider into the transom and split it pretty bad. ( i mentioned its a tank over there too ) I got it for 250 and that about as cheap as they come, so if those triple x boards are even close to the noserider i can get a couple of them for the newbies. I wont let newbies ride the shredstixx and my ronix cortez would prob mess up the boat if it got launched.

No Problem Bro. We don't care about what boat you have. We only care if you have wit, sarcasm, and some knowledge.....and whatever you do when you are describing something, you better post a picture.

Wit....check sarcasm......CHECK Knowledge........thats why im on here. :whistle: Pics if im posting at home.....check.....at work....might be a problem, govt PC's dont allow external info input via flash memory of any kind, and no cell phones.

Sounds like your looking for a "boat board" ? Not sure if a TripleX would be the ticket. They are somewhat fragile in comparison to others. I would suggest a more durable surfable board by maybe Inland Surfer, a used Swallow would make a heck of a good board for beginners to progress rapidly. IS makes a lot of good durable boards that you can progress on better than compression molded style boards, not knocking them as some like em but to each his own.