Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat....DEFINITELY!

Sunscape fan

#1 by a mile.... gonna look like a boss either way. the white tower speakers get a hard NO GO by me which ever way you go. Good on the 450hp. Why the step ladder? Little kids?

...and what Nitrous said about the OEM underwater LEDs and tower speakers.... scrap those for a set of Rev10s on an Arc 600.2.... and go with Lifeform 9s for a budget approach x3 brighter than OEM.... or for baller status, the new biggest Roswells, $1000, x10+ brighter than OEM.

bling trailer? should only cost arounf $5k for a tricked out Boatmate.... and cover.... work an Evolution into the deal vs OEM.

Congrats on the soon to be new boat. How many black LSVs is that now? I know my dealer has sold 2 (small dealership).

No opinion on the underwater LEDs. I have them and have never used them.

These guys are absolutely correct on the stereo. You can get a much better system for equal or less money.

Does your wife have a sister? Hotter or uglier, it wouldn't matter. Congrats on the new bu, can't go wrong with either but I prefer #2.

:rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by wakebrdr94

Looking at the two options I would actually delete:

#1: Underwater transom lights. The OEM lights are known to be pretty weak - you can add an aftermarket set that put out far better light and pick the color of light you want

#2: Tower speakers. IMO, order the minimum (or no) stereo and go all aftermarket. You will get a far better bang for your buck, even if you are having a pro do the install. A modest Exile or Wetsounds setup will sound far better than the Rockford setup for the same money.

Not sure if they still do this but i sent my Wet Sounds interior speakers (including sub) to the factory prior to build and they installed them for me.

Not sure if they still do this but i sent my Wet Sounds interior speakers (including sub) to the factory prior to build and they installed them for me.

I don't think they do this anymore.

I would also go CS slider Bimini if you can fit it under your garage. The GL Bimini is a little bit of a hassle to put up and down, that slider Bimini looks pretty slick.

The wiring for underwater led lights are right at the transom area, simple to hook up. I will say after having underwater led lights on multiple boats, if I ever order another boat I will not be installing them again. I never used them at all last season.

I would also go CS slider Bimini if you can fit it under your garage. The GL Bimini is a little bit of a hassle to put up and down, that slider Bimini looks pretty slick.

The wiring for underwater led lights are right at the transom area, simple to hook up. I will say after having underwater led lights on multiple boats, if I ever order another boat I will not be installing them again. I never used them at all last season.

That's interesting. I thought the slider was more of a hassle at the boat show. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I could not get it to slide without some serious mussel (yes pun). And the tower arm mount seemed to get in the way. Again, maybe it was me.

Unless you boat at night, transom lights aren't needed. We regularly boat in the evening, or hang out at the dock, so they are nice. Come down here, we'll put them to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both look good...marginal preference for #1.

While I haven't had either, I was under the impression that tower lights were much more functional than the docking lights.

Initially we were going to get tower lights. But my dealer said that tower lights don't actually help you see where you're going at night. He also mentioned they are like a beacon for bugs, moths especially. Wife heard this and vetoed tower lights immediately. I don't think we will do a lot of night boating anyway. The docking lights and underwater transom lights are for the "just in case we do" scenario.

this is going to look so mean on the water

Thanks, I really hope so. My last boat was all black with a white top deck. So I am looking forward to no white and a little colour

#1 by a mile.... gonna look like a boss either way. the white tower speakers get a hard NO GO by me which ever way you go. Good on the 450hp. Why the step ladder? Little kids?

...and what Nitrous said about the OEM underwater LEDs and tower speakers.... scrap those for a set of Rev10s on an Arc 600.2.... and go with Lifeform 9s for a budget approach x3 brighter than OEM.... or for baller status, the new biggest Roswells, $1000, x10+ brighter than OEM.

bling trailer? should only cost arounf $5k for a tricked out Boatmate.... and cover.... work an Evolution into the deal vs OEM.

I have an 8 year old who used to struggle getting in and out of the water. And once in a while we take out my wife's aunt who is older. I had a REALLY hard time getting her out of the water last time. I know it's kinda like a pool deck since the swim step is right on the water, and I don't have trouble, but it's just a "nice to have" option. I figured this is my chance to order the boat of my dreams, so I am going for it!!

I thought about installing my own underwater lights after reading what you guys have said. But I don't want to have to drill holes in the gel. I installed Cleats on my first boat, an '86 Malibu Skier and it was a nightmare for me to keep the gel from chipping. In the end it worked out, but was nerve wracking.

Congrats on the soon to be new boat. How many black LSVs is that now? I know my dealer has sold 2 (small dealership).

No opinion on the underwater LEDs. I have them and have never used them.

These guys are absolutely correct on the stereo. You can get a much better system for equal or less money.

My dealer hasn't sold any black one's yet that I know of. I live in BC so there won't be too many...lol.

That's interesting. I thought the slider was more of a hassle at the boat show. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I could not get it to slide without some serious mussel (yes pun). And the tower arm mount seemed to get in the way. Again, maybe it was me.Unless you boat at night, transom lights aren't needed. We regularly boat in the evening, or hang out at the dock, so they are nice. Come down here, we'll put them to useSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the GL as I have to fold the tower to get in a 8' door. After watching the video someone posted of how to use the slider on a different thread I don't think it is any easier to set up or take down than the GL.

Edited by vaporbluebu

I have the GL as I have to fold the tower to get in a 8' door. After watching the video someone posted of how to use the slider on a different thread I don't think it is any easier to set up or take down than the GL.

How much does the slider restrict the tower from going down? An inch or two or a whole lot? I just measured. I have a 9' door opening. But the door only opens to 8'7". I could probably tweak the opener to get it up an inch or two more though. Will this be enough? Edited by Sunscape fan

So while I was at the dealer today, I measured the 23 LSV they had with a slider bimini. It sits on a boatmate trailer and has 18" wheels. With tower collapsed as far as it would go without removing the bimini, it measured approximately 102-103" from the ground.

That's interesting. I thought the slider was more of a hassle at the boat show. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I could not get it to slide without some serious mussel (yes pun). And the tower arm mount seemed to get in the way. Again, maybe it was me.

Unless you boat at night, transom lights aren't needed. We regularly boat in the evening, or hang out at the dock, so they are nice. Come down here, we'll put them to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My post was solely based off the video, I have never used one first hand. Maybe they make it look easier in the video. I know the GL is not horrible deploying, but fitting back into the Malibu cover thingy definitely helps with two people. I finally just bought some velcro straps from REI to tighten it down to either just not use the cover while on water and it helps to fit it back into the cover. I have no doubt someone has dropped those two front poles before!

What was it like when your wife said you could buy the boat however you wanted? That's so foreign to me.....Are you having to buy her a really nice dishwasher or oven in return?.. So many questions......

• Like 2

What was it like when your wife said you could buy the boat however you wanted? That's so foreign to me.....Are you having to buy her a really nice dishwasher or oven in return?.. So many questions......

My wife said the same, her only request is she wants a pink flag. For what I have no idea, but she can have the flag

It was like living in a dream!!! She said to me "I know you've wanted to custom order a boat for many years now. So I want you to have the boat you've always wanted, colors and options included." She said she only had three requests:

1) She wanted a couple options for sure (underwater transom lights, swimstep ladder)

2)wanted to go night boating, and

3) wanted to be able to go fishing.

I said yes to all as long as she fishes off the swim step like she did in our last boat.

But I didn't have to buy her anything. We don't work like that. She doesn't feel like if I get something she HAS to have something too.

She is pretty wonderful. And to answer an earlier post, no, she doesn't have a sister...lol.

Right now I am still dealing with the dealer on price, but we are close.

Edited by Sunscape fan

It was like living in a dream!!! She said to me "I know you've wanted to custom order a boat for many years now. So I want you to have the boat you've always wanted, colors and options included." She said she only had three requests:

1) She wanted a couple options for sure (underwater transom lights, swimstep ladder)

2)wanted to go night boating, and

3) wanted to be able to go fishing.

I said yes to all as long as she fishes off the swim step like she did in our last boat.

But I didn't have to buy her anything. We don't work like that. She doesn't feel like if I get something she HAS to have something too.

She is pretty wonderful. And to answer an earlier post, no, she doesn't have a sister...lol.

Right now I am still dealing with the dealer on price, but we are close.

I could even consider a brother with long hair....?

• Like 3

Why the swim step ladder? Do you guys have someone who rides with you that can't get up on the platform from the water?

I have an 8 year old. Will the affect the surf wave?

8 year old should have no issues getting up on the platform, hell my daughter was hopping up out of the water on it at 3. It could effect the wave, I always wondered why they offered it. My wife's parents come out sometimes and it would help them some I guess

8 year old should have no issues getting up on the platform, hell my daughter was hopping up out of the water on it at 3. It could effect the wave, I always wondered why they offered it. My wife's parents come out sometimes and it would help them some I guess

My wife wants it. I wasn't gonna argue. Lol

I know that feeling lol. It will probably cause some issues to the wave on that side, so if you need a get out of jail free card....

Which side? It sits right in the middle of the platform

I wanted the swim ladder for some rather husky in laws but I was too nervous about the wave

Cervelo raised his platform and hasn't had trouble but I don't know if I want to go that far.

Sunscape fan was going to be the guinea pig but I think I talked him out of it.

Edited by DocPhil