Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

It's over! And...She's home!

Slayer

Thanks! I would have been just as happy in an SSLXI as my RLXI. There are some benefits to the RLXI.......I can put it in the garage being one of them.

I completely agree. We should certainly do so. I say we make a day of it and play hooky for the sake of skiing!

I put the boat in today to ski it and took it right back out. The hoist went in today and requires a few adjustments before I park the boat there. It was so stinking windy today that putting the canopy on would not have been fun at all.

Don't have to ask me twice to play hooky for the sake of skiing!

I'm terrible at taking before and after pics. I now wish I would have done a much better job with that.

I've got the boat nearly as clean as I want it and I've put her on the hoist for the season. I'll taker her out in July for a quick mid season wax, but unless we travel with her this season, she's staying put. I burned through the spectrum paste. Stuff rocks and I'm happy with what I've done. I may clean it up when she goes to sleep in the fall, but it's good for the season.

The vinyl is all cleaned and protected now. The carpet has been cleaned but is not yet clean enough. I'm planning to get another shot at the carpet soon. The only thing left to deal with is to seriously clean the in floor cooler. The PO used it for empties and it's just a bit gross. I'll deal with that this weekend prior to the final carpet clean. Otherwise, all the interior fiberglass surfaces need a good wax and we're good.

Here's what the vinyl looked like. I cleaned half of the filler cushion and took a pic. It's pretty representative of the condition of the boat when I picked it up.

post-10400-0-69116900-1400724526_thumb.j

How'd you clean the carpet? We have one of those Bissell spot clean carpet cleaners I was thinking of using, but if there's a better way, I'll definitely do that!