Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

It's over! And...She's home!

Slayer

Thanks!! I'm pumped! I've been out all night checking on different products for different applications in terms of cleaning.

There's a bit of rash on the gel from the previous owner towing it with a cover. I tried using 3M finnesse it 2 with marginal success. I need a slightly heavier product and I'm good. I don't think it requires wet sanding.

I love new to me boats!

• Like 1

Looks good! I was wondering if you were just pulling our leg for that long!

Get some pics on the water.

Thanks. I'll get pics on the water. It won't be going in for a couple weeks yet. I still have lots of cleaning to do which I only have time for after the kids go to bed.

Awesome, boat looks great. Now just sit in it and enjoy a beer. It's been a stressful ride, for all of us :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks....tell me about it.

Looks great! Looking forward to more pictures as you give it your TLC. I have a feeling it will be in tip top shape quickly!

Thanks all for the well wishes....

@tvano.....

Since my hoist is not yet in the water, nor are my docks, I'm going to take the time to get her in the same condition as my old SSLX before I put her in for the season. It makes keeping it clean much easier. I may even have to take a day off work to get it done the way I'd like to.

Looks great man should have a nice wake or lack there of! I'm picky about scratches too. Any ones I find in the spring get wet sanded, compounded and polished before I wax. I'm glad you shot for that boat it's really nice. I'm a sucker for red and black

Edited by vigwilson
  • Like 1

Congrats on the new boat. I love the colors although I am biased since they match my last boat. I'm glad you're happy but more importantly, is the wife happy?

Better not waste too much time working on that boat, you have a pontoon to start looking for.

Best of luck with it!

Thank God is over......lol........:Tease3:

Congrats man! She's a beauty....my colors to...Now it's time to sit in her with a six pack

crank the tunes and take it all in. But that towers got to go......

if I find a second T3 I'll let you know........lol....

Edit:

Regarding trailering with the cover. Give the boat a good wipe down,

then wrap shrink wrap over the Window frame and around the rub rail.

I do two wraps. Cover on now rubs the shrink wrap not gel or Window frame.

Works great. I picked up the wrap at Home Depot, comes on a nice handheld spool.

Edited by Dare2goBare

Congrats on the new boat. I love the colors although I am biased since they match my last boat. I'm glad you're happy but more importantly, is the wife happy?

Better not waste too much time working on that boat, you have a pontoon to start looking for.

Best of luck with it!

Thanks!

The wife has not yet seen it. She was in the house when I brought it home. Since our garage is across the street and 2 doors down, she decided not to look at it last night. I really don't think she cares now that the purchase is done. It's toon time in her world. I think her opinion will be different once she's in it and drives it.

Thank God is over......lol........ :Tease3:

Congrats man! She's a beauty....my colors to...Now it's time to sit in her with a six pack

crank the tunes and take it all in. But that towers got to go......

if I find a second T3 I'll let you know........lol....

As much as I never thought I'd say it, the tower is going to stay for a while. The wife is happy about that. I'm going to keep it this season and see how we like it. If it's something we want to keep, I'll be looking for either a T3 or XTP. Both look great on that boat. Time will tell.

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

Thanks!

The wife has not yet seen it. She was in the house when I brought it home. Since our garage is across the street and 2 doors down, she decided not to look at it last night. I really don't think she cares now that the purchase is done. It's toon time in her world. I think her opinion will be different once she's in it and drives it.

It will be. The SSLX is by no means a bad boat, but this will be a big upgrade for her. Especially if she drives while you ski!

She does pull me on occasion. It's usually when we have a day off together.

She's going to love driving it, I think.

Believe you me, when I say, she handles like a little Red Corvette!

Have fun Man!,

Believe you me, when I say, she handles like a little Red Corvette!

Have fun Man!,

True fact. I'm amazed at how much better this boat drives and feels in comparison to my old SSLX. HUGE difference.

• Like 1