Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Plug n play bags

Sunscape fan

I am on the brink of ordering a new 23LSV. I was talking to my dealer about the PNP bags and asked him how they were controlled. He told me that if you hit a rider preset, the stock ballast will fill but not the bags. In order to fill the bags, he said I had to use the MTC to control it and once they are full I had to manually shut the pumps off. My question is there no way to control it automatically through Maliview and have everything fill automatically?

It won't be a pain. Once you use presets, malivu and MTS you will see that it is not an issue. Half the time I'm not even using my presets, I start with them and then tweak it with the MTS. Mostly because I'm too lazy to re-save them properly. ;)

I am picking up my new 2014 LSV on Saturday and what I didn't realize is that the PNP bags were a Fly High custom order for the 550's that are suggested for surfing. Not that big a deal but I just didn't know. My dealer stocked them as well as the fittings.

It won't be a pain. Once you use presets, malivu and MTS you will see that it is not an issue. Half the time I'm not even using my presets, I start with them and then tweak it with the MTS. Mostly because I'm too lazy to re-save them properly. ;)

I am picking up my new 2014 LSV on Saturday and what I didn't realize is that the PNP bags were a Fly High custom order for the 550's that are suggested for surfing. Not that big a deal but I just didn't know. My dealer stocked them as well as the fittings.

What is the best size to get for the new '14 23 LSV? 550 or 750? I have never surfed before and neither has any of my family. Will we need the bags as beginners?

I'm new to the PNP bags, wouldn't you just start seeing water come out the sides like you do with no bags when the tanks are full? It goes from bags to hard tank, so wouldn't it just "overflow". How much do you need to monitor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by wakebrdr94

What is the best size to get for the new '14 23 LSV? 550 or 750? I have never surfed before and neither has any of my family. Will we need the bags as beginners?

Definitely get the bags. The guys at Wizard said they had better success with the 550's versus the 750's. If you add more weight (750's) in the back you will have to add extra in the front over and above the stock front ballast. This is my first boat with Surfgate so i will have to play with it.

Surfing is fun to learn no matter what you use....we started in our 2002 Sunsacape with only the manual wedge and no ballast unless we had people ballast. When we started surfing with our VLX we didn't add any extra weight above stock and still had a blast but when we did add the weight we regretted not doing it earlier!!

For a beginner just start with a board that is designed for someone bigger than what your weight is and that will help you the most for learning. It will be easier for you to stay in the pocket and get used to the "gas/brake". You will be hooked in no time :)

IMO if you are to lazy to look over the side of the boat to see the ballast is overflowing and full, you need to find a different sport lol..

HAHA...good point...but the flip side to that is these boats are a LOT of money. For the money, you'd think Malibu would have worked the bags into the automation of the system. They do provide PNP after all so they KNOW people are going to add extra weight.

The problem is how do you know when the bag is full? The tanks have a float in them. They could possibly use timers like other systems. But those timers require a lot of tweaking as well. And they do not take into account if the tanks are actually full or not. You can hear the water coming from the overflows pretty clear as long as the stereo isn't pumping.

Nor can Malibu account for the size of bags people are going to run with. Even if the factory have you 600's. You'd have the same complaint for those who wanted to swap bags for more or less.

Is it really that hard to push a touchscreen to fill? I mean i understand the want to have everything automated but do yall not remember having to throw a pump over the side and plug them in cigarette lighters? If you're gonna ride full, just hit fill all then when you see the water shooting out the sides turn it off. I just cant believe that is really that much of a hassle that the pumps dont turn off automatically.