Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboard for daughter

footndale

I'm looking for a used wakeboard for my 15yr old daughter. This will be her 2nd season wakeboarding and is focused on working hard on tricks.

Any good recommendations for a wakeboard? She might weight 100lbs. I'm thinking something around 130-134cm would work well.

Thanks

Dwight

Our daughter rides the Ronix August girls board. She is 12 and is progressing tricks over the wake. This board gave her a huge boost over he old youth board. Take a look.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

My 12 yr old girl who is 100 pounds was on a hyperlite 131 last year & I just got her a Ronix Krush 134 cause Evo had a killer deal on it. Not sure how she'll do yet but it seems like a perfect fit

Edited by racer808

Our daughter rides the Ronix August girls board. She is 12 and is progressing tricks over the wake. This board gave her a huge boost over he old youth board. Take a look.

Looks like a nice board and it reminds me that I have to find a female board that is not pink. Daughter is about as anti-pink as they come.

Often times when you're all ready to go for a ride the board doesn't feel in the mood.

I was trying to think of something smart to say earlier but I can't top that one :lol:

Edited by racer808
  • Like 1

Footndale...my daughter is the same. The model we got (last year I believe) had purple and no pink. That satisfied her.

My wife is 5'5 (and 1/2" proudly), about 2 years ago we got her a 134 hyperlite jade with Jinyx bindings and she loves it. The colors are very girly and it has a designated heel and toe side. I'm not too sure how much help having a designated toe side is, but it sure doesn't hurt. This setup was a 2011 or 2010 in the outlet section at evo then. I bet they'll have newer models for sale soon (if they don't already)

7889297332_e45538a0ee_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

what makes a board a "female board" other than color?

In snowboards it has more flex. In wakeboard, I"m assuming the same thing, but might be totally wrong.