Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Want the crews opinion!

wake1923

for the past 2 years i have had an issue with my v-drive leaking fluid. i took it to the local malibu dealership when i first started having problems with it about 2 years ago. they took the v-drive out, put a new seal in, and i paid them around $700 for the repairs. got the boat home and overnight all the fluid ran out...again. took it back. they pulled the v-drive out, put 2 new seals in (because it was supposed to have 2 instead of 1 replaced). the boat sat all winter and did not leak. then on the 1st trip this past spring, started leaking again. they told me to wait until this past fall and they would get it in and look at it again. they also said they thought the strut was bent so i also replaced that (which did not help). when i called them this past fall, they told me to wait until spring. called them this spring and they told me they did not want to pull the v-drive out again and that its a older boat that will have leaks. they also said its not hurting anything so just add fluid and run it. so...now my boat is at the local Mastercraft dealership and they stated they would do whatever it took to fix my boat and are in the process of fixing it now. so i spent almost $1,500 to have a problem fixed that is still not fixed. just wondering what yall's opinion would be? the Mastercraft said they would guarantee to fix it and told me the Malibu dealership did not do the work properly. i felt like the malibu dealership should have fixed the problem instead of just telling me to run it.. what do you think?

There's nothing more infuriating than paying outrageous amounts and still having the problem.

And yeah, the Malibu dealership should not have told you to run it anyway.

Edited by Vettesetter Z06

Vettesetter , thats what I thought to,and I even offered to pay again and they said that they were afraid they might tear up something else if they keep pulling the vdrive so now i am paying a Mastercraft dealer to do my work again I felt real bad to have to do this but I have to say the people at the Mastercraft dealership have been super nice and easy to work with,and seem to want to do whatever it takes to fix my problem and make me happy[thought I would never say that]

• Like 2

Sorry, but you are way to nice the Malibu dealer took your money they should fix the problem if they said no I would have wanted documentation and after I got it I would have said see you in court or fix it. Corporate would be getting a call also!! Would it work maybe or maybe not but I would sleep better. Nice to see another dealer taking care of you.

• Like 1

If thats the story, then your getting screwed. I would be telling everyone not to do business there. File a claim with the BBB. Post reviews on every boating or skiing site you can find. Yahoo or Yelp, To ANYONE who will listen.

$10 says you aren't the only one if thats really how things went down.

Sorry, but you are way to nice the Malibu dealer took your money they should fix the problem if they said no I would have wanted documentation and after I got it I would have said see you in court or fix it. Corporate would be getting a call also!! Would it work maybe or maybe not but I would sleep better. Nice to see another dealer taking care of you.

Bradley I thought about the money issue and all but the thing that bothers me most is that I have a Malibu boat and am having to get another brand boat dealership to do the work,and I have also thought about calling Malibu.Just kinda disappointed.

• Like 1

If thats the story, then your getting screwed. I would be telling everyone not to do business there. File a claim with the BBB. Post reviews on every boating or skiing site you can find. Yahoo or Yelp, To ANYONE who will listen.

$10 says you aren't the only one if thats really how things went down.

Bill thats exactly how it went got the receipts for all the work and got the other dealership to say the work was not done properly,and lots of people that can say they have seen the trans fluid in my bilge and draining out of the boat after use after the repair work by the Malibu dealership just dont want to put there name on here,dont want my topic to get deleted because I really value everyone on the crews opinion and thats what I need to see what yall think I should do.Even had one of the employees tell me he could not believe that they told me that about to just keep on running the boat and add fluid,and he was one of the guys that worked on the boat.

Edited by wake1923

Have you called the factory? There should also be a regional rep you can contact.

No I havent called yet but may do that this week .Thats why I am here to get some expert crew advise to use :werule:

• Like 1

File a claim with the BBB? What a joke. BBB is setup to prop up credibility for businesses to make more money. End of story.

Call them out by name in here. Which dealership?

I dont want my topic deleted so I will say they are in Nashville tn.

Never seen that happen here. Unlike another forum that I am a member of where my posts were deleted because the admin didn't personally agree with them.

Why aren't you suing them? You gave them $1500 to fix a problem they didn't fix. I would want my money back. Small claims court should get that settled away pretty easily.

• Like 3

I think he is talking about the topic we had going last year many including myself had a lot of time invested in that topic. But as WakeGirl said the OP asked for it to be taken down. That was the reason it was deleted. As has already been said in the few post already in this topic most on this site know their are 2 sides to every story and the odds are when you tell us the name of the dealer the odds are others will post that they have also had problems with them. From the sound of your claim it looks that you were done wrong. We have all been in your shoes at some point maybe not with a boat but in some way shape or fashion. I hope it all works out and as I said above take some action and at least you can sleep a little better at night. Knowing you stuck it back to the MAN :bash:

Edited by Bradley Thornton

File a claim with the BBB? What a joke. BBB is setup to prop up credibility for businesses to make more money. End of story.

Call them out by name in here. Which dealership?

I don't know that the BBB is going to do anything to solve the situation. But it helps spread the word on the topic.

Why aren't you suing them? You gave them $1500 to fix a problem they didn't fix. I would want my money back. Small claims court should get that settled away pretty easy

Didnt really know if it was worth court or not.

The good news is that we are having nice weather here in Tn and the dealership said they hope to have me ready to go in a couple of days I think I am going into D T's :woot:

• Like 1
Since Wakegirl has spoken :biggrin: It was TNT WATERSPORTS

I hate to hear that, they are nice guys. Sorry you weren't treated better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I hate to hear that, they are nice guys. Sorry you weren't treated better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

They have been nice to me to up until this issue,and I tried to get them to fix it but they just kept stalling and did not want to do anything with it so I had to go some where else I hate that it had to come to this but I needed my boat fixed and they did not want to do it.

• Like 1

Really blows me away when I hear of situations like this go down in service departments. It happens more than you know.

I can tell you if this happened at our service department, someone would be getting a disciplinary action filed against them, wether it be your Service advisor that told you this, the tech that did the shoddy work , or management that shoo'd you away. That is UNACCEPTABLE in the service world I live in.

We would bend over backwards to get you handled after we had TWO chances to fix it right and stepped on our peckers both times.

Unfortunately we are a Ford store and not an inboard dealer, but WOW . You are way too nice . I need to put you in contact with a few of my choice customers.

• Like 2

I'm not saying this is the problem but some good info. I want to say they had some problems with the Damper plate in the older boats and when I had a dripless shaft seal added to my 06 V-Ride they told me to change the rubber piece between the shaft and the transmission said over time they go bad and can make issues down the road. May have nothing to do with your problem but when a new seal goes out I start thinking something is out of balance or a sleeve bearing has went out. I maybe way off.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/page/articles.html/_/damper-plate-upgrade-r19

Edited by Bradley Thornton