Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

14 23lsv PNP

Capdoogie

Just dropped my new lsv in the water all hooked up sacs to the PNP. When I use a preset that fills all stock tanks to 100% the rear sacs only fill about a 1/8 full and then pumps shut off. And gauges show stock tanks full. Should I be using the pumps switches on there own or is there something I'm doing wrong.

My meter will show the ballast tanks are 100% full but i just leave the pump running until it begins to purge the excess water out of the side drain ports in the rear.

There is also a setting in the Maliview. I don't have my pnp in yet, and I asked my dealer why my pumps keep running after they are full. He said I have to go change the timer settings in Maliview.

There are no timers, the hard tanks have floats. When you select a 100% ballast the PNP bags start to fill and drain into the hard tanks, when the hard tank if full the pump cuts off. You will not be able to program the bags to fill, you have to do it manually on the MTC as others have suggested.

There are no timers, the hard tanks have floats. When you select a 100% ballast the PNP bags start to fill and drain into the hard tanks, when the hard tank if full the pump cuts off. You will not be able to program the bags to fill, you have to do it manually on the MTC as others have suggested.

On my LSV on both the fill and drain, they run for quite a while after they are done filling and draining. I haven't actually looked for this setting because I haven't been back out since I inquired. I have had to manually shut each pump off each time I have used them.

On my LSV on both the fill and drain, they run for quite a while after they are done filling and draining. I haven't actually looked for this setting because I haven't been back out since I inquired. I have had to manually shut each pump off each time I have used them.

That is not right. The pumps should shut off on their own. How long do you let it run after it shows empty? If you use the MTC to turn on and off the pumps they will not shut off. The MTC acts just like a set of toggle switches. They are basically over riding the programming.

So if I use the MTC and push "fill all" they won't shut off automatically? It doesn't seem right that if they are on a float switch, it shouldn't matter where it was turned on from. I didn't let them run long. Last time out was the first time messing with the ballast since we took delivery.

Like Malibuzer said MTC is a touch screen that replaced the previous MUX or manual toggle switches. Using the Presets in Maliview is the Only way the tanks will fill/empty automatically...even then you finish filling the rear PNP manually using MTC. When you're finished for the day select "Go Home" and press enter - your ballast will empty, speed control turns off, and you will be prompted to raise the wedge.

Did your dealer offer an on water demo of your new boat?

BTW - your pumps are aerators and it will not hurt them to run dry. I personally did not order PNP on my 23 this year. I tried it last year since it was new and it works well, but prefer having the extra sacs independent with reversible pumps.

• Like 2

We did do an on water demo upon taking delivery. I guess I either wasn't paying attention, or it wasn't clear that the MTC controls were toggles.

All above correct. with PNP properly installed, the pump fills through the PNP bag, which gravity fills the hard tank. When the hard tank is full it backs up thus allowing the PNP bags to fill. With that said, There is no way for Maliview to determine the level in the PNP bags. It only knows the level in the hard tanks due to the floats. That's why it shuts off the pump when the hard tank is full (Only when using presets). And of course there is a little residual water in the PNP bag since it flowed through the bags to fill the hard tanks. On the flip side, When you drain, since the drain pump is connected to the hard tank, As the hard tank drains, the PNP bags empties into the hard tanks. The float in the tank takes longer to go down so the pump will stay on until the hard tank and the PNP bags are empty.

All above correct. with PNP properly installed, the pump fills through the PNP bag, which gravity fills the hard tank. When the hard tank is full it backs up thus allowing the PNP bags to fill. With that said, There is no way for Maliview to determine the level in the PNP bags. It only knows the level in the hard tanks due to the floats. That's why it shuts off the pump when the hard tank is full (Only when using presets). And of course there is a little residual water in the PNP bag since it flowed through the bags to fill the hard tanks. On the flip side, When you drain, since the drain pump is connected to the hard tank, As the hard tank drains, the PNP bags empties into the hard tanks. The float in the tank takes longer to go down so the pump will stay on until the hard tank and the PNP bags are empty.

You hit the nail on the head here. Basically there are two ways to use the system.

1.) Manual: press "fill all" then wait for water to spit out the side of your boat. You can either turn off each pump as it fills its respective tank/sac or wait until they are all full and just select "off". There is no auto off if you fill this way. (If you "drain all" it will keep draining until you tell it to stop. There is no auto stop here as well.)

or

2.) Automatic: Use a prefill setting. Whether you have PNP or not, the rear tanks will turn off when the hard tanks detect they are full. PNP will only be partially full (assuming you turned the valve on as well). You then have to select each rear tank and manually fill the PNP sacks.

(Once you're done boarding, you can then select the "go home" setting and everything will drain and then stop draining when each tank is empty. Like bunji said above since the indicator is in the tank and the PNP drains into the tank, it will turn off automatically when both PNP and hard tanks are empty.)

I hope this makes sense.

Edited by rnardo

I find when you drain, the pumps shut off automatically when the floats indicate the tanks are empty, but then a bit of residual water from the bags will slowly make it's way in to the tanks and you have to manually press drain to get rid of this. Maliview will show the tanks empty and then after a bit will show water in the tanks again. This is when u manually press drain on the applicable tank. I think this is just the nature of a gravity piggy back pnp system. The draining from the sacs isn't perfect - tough to get pancake flat like with the designated impeller pumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk