Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which Motor In '94 Echelon?

In my Malibu operation & maintenance manual it lists all the '94 Malibu boat specifications and features. I noticed that the Echelon came standard with the 265 h.p. 350 Magnum engine and that the 250 h.p. Competition Skier engine wasn't even an option. I am puzzled, because the flame arrestor cover on my boat says 5.7 Liter Competition Skier. That would mean that this motor is the 250 h.p. 350 engine. Can someone tell me why this would be?

I had a '94 Echelnn with the 350 Magnum. It was definitely marked as such on the flame arrestor. I may even have a pic somewhere from when I sold it. IIRC they did offer a base engine, which must be what yours is. They also offered a big block 454 at the time.

In my Malibu operation & maintenance manual it lists all the '94 Malibu boat specifications and features. I noticed that the Echelon came standard with the 265 h.p. 350 Magnum engine and that the 250 h.p. Competition Skier engine wasn't even an option. I am puzzled, because the flame arrestor cover on my boat says 5.7 Liter Competition Skier. That would mean that this motor is the 250 h.p. 350 engine. Can someone tell me why this would be?
Malibudude
I had a '94 Echelnn with the 350 Magnum. It was definitely marked as such on the flame arrestor. I may even have a pic somewhere from when I sold it. IIRC they did offer a base engine, which must be what yours is. They also offered a big block 454 at the time.

Wasn't the 454 only offered in the presidents edition?

I don't know about the "'president's edition", but someone else ordered one identical to mine at the same time that had the 454. They offered it to me as an option with no other changes.