Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Video edit from this past weekends trip!

petefranc

Hey all,

I got back down to the lake this past weekend and threw together another edit. My buddy also picked up a new to him '06 VLX. We spent a lot of time on it just cruising the lake, super nice boat! I'm going to start focusing on boarding in the coming months, water temp is still a bit rough. My goal is to get a few new tricks in the bag by memorial day. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy and hopefully this will ease the cooler weather for some of you who are still eager to get out for your first set!

That was awesome man. I love my wife and the ladies in general , but guy trips are just easy , relaxing , no one upset or bitching or tired or hungry etc etc .....great edit and music , beautiful lake, nice work . Can't freekin wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was awesome man. I love my wife and the ladies in general , but guy trips are just easy , relaxing , no one upset or bitching or tired or hungry etc etc .....great edit and music , beautiful lake, nice work . Can't freekin wait

^^^Yup :thumbup:

^^^Yup :thumbup:

Well said! It was a great time, we have all been boating, everyone knew what to do. There were no headaches and it was a super chilled weekend. Thanks for the compliments guys. Hopefully everyone will be riding soon!

Location? Awesome!

Lake Cumberland, Kentucky. And thanks!

Air temp ranged from 70-80 during the peak hours. Water temp ranged from 59-63, but we had a blast!

Lake Cumberland eh...that doesn't look to far from me. I am in the east TN area and planning to get out on different lakes this summer. I may have to check that one out!

It was like nails on a chalkboard when I saw you were towing with what looked like the factory cover on? :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Thanks for the heads up. We never towed our prostar with the cover, but our malibu is on a lift. Definitely agree with you about the risks of towing with a cover. I'm going to tell my buddy!

Petefranc, I have the exact boat but I noticed you were surfing rope less. What your setup?

Great vid BTW!

Thanks man! I'm going to shoot you a PM. I'm going to try to throw together a video to help others with ballast set up soon as well.

Lake Cumberland eh...that doesn't look to far from me. I am in the east TN area and planning to get out on different lakes this summer. I may have to check that one out!

Definitely should! Holiday weeks are great if you're one for partying. Harmon Creek and 76 Falls are always hopping.

Great video. Can't wait to get out

Thanks bud! Definitely was a long winter. It sucks slamming on inverts in cold water, but it's better than staring at the snow!

Looks like a lot fun. Still got a week until the lake opens up here.

Sure was! Where are you located? That's a bummer they have the lake closed.

That wake at the 3:52 mark looks like a nice slalom wake.

Good eye! I think we were running around 30 mph with no ballast and 3 riders in that shot. We have a slalom course on the lake, but it's currently underwater.

Standley lake in colorado. Opens May 1st. I'm going crazy waiting! New boat fever.

Nice man! I've only been to Colorado once. It was gorgeous! I'm going to have to make it out west to some lakes.