Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2005 Vride Price

btreesh

I am planning on buying my first vride this spring and wanted to get some opinions on the price of a 2005 vride. There is an original owner 2005 vride in my area with 170 hours that looks like it is in great condition. I am going to look at it this weekend and appreciate any insight into the price and the boat. Options are listed below:

Monsoon Engine (340)

Bimini

Wedge

Center Ballast

Extreme Trailer with 5 new tires

Dual Batteries with Switch

Titan III Tower

Travel Cover

Tower Speakers

Seller is also throwing in life jackets, wakeboard, ropes, bumpers, surfboard and anchor.

Asking $33,750, but think I can get it for a little lower. Is that a reasonable deal on that boat? Other options in my area are around $40k for a 2007 VTX and several 2008 Centurion Elite V C4's.

Thanks

Edited by btreesh

I think it's a little high, but this time of year it might be close. Based on what I have seen you could get a LSV or VLX for around that price and it would hold it's value a little better. You get a few more bells and whistles as well.

New tires on a boat! I love how people put things considered to be normal maintenance as features. The gas is mostly fresh too! Must see!

Come and get it now brand new oil change.

5 new tires...something a seller says to try to impress you, but shouldn't affect the price.

Depending on where you are look a little more, might find a VLX or LSV in that price range even a year newer.

www.onlyinboards.com

www.boattrader.com

New tires on a boat! I love how people put things considered to be normal maintenance as features. The gas is mostly fresh too! Must see!

I fully agree on it being normal maintenance, but I have also been on the end of the stick of going buy a boat 6 hrs away and the trailer tires were underinflated and had dry rot cracks in them too. I immediately took it to Walmart to have replaced but missed the automotive center closing by 10 minutes (arrived at 7:10 p.m.) so I went to Tractor Supply and picked up 2 spares for the long drive home that night. That was one of the most nerve racking and uncomfortable rides I have been on in my life! Made it home around 3 a.m. Sunday morning and got up and went to my local Walmart and got 4 new tires for around $400 and spent 1/2 a day waiting, so that being listed is also a big plus for me since all the boats I have ever bought have been 4-8 hrs away from me.

• Like 1

Yeah, I guess I just expect the trailer to be good to go. Like trying to sell that burnt down Supra and saying it has a nice trailer.

I did too on that one, now that is one of the first questions I ask when looking for boats. The one I have now had a couple bearings getting scorching hot so I have also learned to ask when the last time they were repacked and brakes adjusted. I passed on one where the surge brakes didn't work at all when I arrived too since it was a overcast day by the time we were finishing up looking but that wasn't the only problem that boat had.

30k seems fair. I wouldn't personally pay it but the average buyer would. I don't ever buy anything unless there is money to be made; walmart being the exception :cry: . The boat market is exceptionally higher this spring than it was in 2013.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. In my market there is very little around $30 - 35k that is not crap or has high hours. I was thinking $30 - 31k and have was budgeting $1,400 for PP and would plan on plumbing the rear lockers with 750's. Any thoughts on cost to add two 750's to the rear lockers?

I bought a 2005 VRide last August with 142 hours, no perfect pass and no rear ballast. Illusion tower but no Bimini. I paid $27,000. Was offered for sale at $29,000.

Edited by rhavey79

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. In my market there is very little around $30 - 35k that is not crap or has high hours. I was thinking $30 - 31k and have was budgeting $1,400 for PP and would plan on plumbing the rear lockers with 750's. Any thoughts on cost to add two 750's to the rear lockers?

Depends on pumps really. You can do a no touch system with 2 in 2 tsunamis out for $160. But requires extra plumbing/wiring. Or the easiest is reversible pumps at $200 a piece. 2 750's from munson ski and marine for 225$ right now. But it will also be 80$ or so in parts to plumb and wire with rocker switches through hulls. Keep in mind this is all shopping around for deals and hitting the hardware stores. Overton's just hooked me up with 3 johnson reversibles for $470.00 "which is a steal" Shipped to my house.

Seeing the boat market this year, that price isn't far off, assuming the boat is in excellent condition. Figure an '05 VLX with those hours in excellent condition is going to likely be sold for 40k.

30k would be a reasonable offer. If his boat was decked out with all the features people want (full plumbed 4-bag ballast setup, PP, heater, well rounded stereo setup - which it may/may not have) then his asking price would be spot on.

Figure $1100 for the PP if you DIY. Parts wise for the ballast, figure another $1500 for bags, plumbing, fittings, wiring, pumps - the works (parts only). It all adds up.

I was thinking $30 - 31k and have was budgeting $1,400 for PP and would plan on plumbing the rear lockers with 750's. Any thoughts on cost to add two 750's to the rear lockers?

I like this approach. That boat seems to me to be worth $30k pretty easy if it's in great shape with those low hours.

FWIW, I had factory rear ballast in my '07, and just buying bags and fittings, yadda yadda was about $350 to upgrade to 750s in mine. Including pumps and all the other hardware you'll need I'm guessing you'll be in the $900+ range for adding 750s to that '05 if you're doing all the labor yourself and go for less expensive aerator pumps.

Edited by rennis