Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

IXFE's LSV 23 Build Pics + Timeline... (bandwidth alert)

IXFE

^^^^ I'm sure you are right, but drilling those holes is an awful mess and those guys have to wear full on suits, goggles, and respirators all day long. During the hot summer, I bet they get mighty uncomfortable.

Only people wearing respirators are spraying gel. Even the people in lamination with chop guns aren't wearing respirators. When the hull is "done" and its flipped on its side they have jigs that they put on and knock out all the holes in no time. Same for gas, cleats, bilge and ballast holes.

Edited by 85 Barefoot

^^^ Not what I saw. Lots of fine fiberglass dust in the air when drilling those holes. It's an awful mess. The area they do the drilling is totally isolated from the rest of the factory. I should have said face masks instead of respirators.