Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need some help and suggestions

sabre

My wife just told me to get the biggest fat sac for our '12 23LSV for surfing I can get. I'm going to plumb it in and have a plan for that but I need to know where to buy the sac and which one to get.

When we ride now, we run a 750 (not full due to dimensions) in the rear locker with a 1/2 full 150 on top so I figure I'm around 650-700lbs in the rear. a 400 on top of the port seat, 750 on the floor against the port seat (also towards the front of the boat) and 400 in the bow on the port side. Wedge deployed for Max wake, All tanks full except starboard hard tank, and we run at 10.6 MPH.

Right now we fill all the bags with 2 pumps so it takes a while to fill and drain and we've got bags all over the place, so I'm trying to kill a few birds here with the one stone.

I've seen several different posts about which ones to buy.

It looks like the Enzo style is what I'm looking for but the basic Enzo isn't the right fit (too short and not long enough in the locker, too tall in the finger).

The bakes Malibu options look good, but based on what I've seen/read they look like they could be a little bigger in the locker.

I'm thinking that I should be able to fit something that's 114" long, 24" wide. the locker section should be 24" tall and 50" long. the finger section, should be 7" high and 64" long.

Does that sound right, I haven't taken the measurements from my boat, just going on all the posts I've seen from across the forums and internet.

If at all possible I need it in 3-4 weeks at the latest since she really wants it all plumbed for that weekend.

I should add that I'd rather not pay for the custom bag if I'm not going to see much of a difference from the Enzo.

Thanks

Edited by sabre

All you need is the custom sack from Bakes and a couple pumps. I've surfed that sack in a 23 countless times and it builds a great wave. You have to be careful with your measurements on this type sacks as they will blow all the seats up if they are too tall. Even the one form Bakes I recommend bracing the seat bottoms with some aluminum flat bar. I also suggest you take the divider out along the port side storage under the seats and get the longer of the two bags.

I strongly recommend the Johnson or Jabsco style pumps over the aerators , but aerators are better than nothing.

3-4 weeks for a custom sack from Flight-hi is gonna be a stretch this time of year.