Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The next step in wake surfing.....

Bill_AirJunky

You guys are amazing. Dissin it because it's not exactly what you are into today?

This could be something you could do on a lake/river where you've managed to get wake enhancement devices banned.

Mine rolls up into a bag. No need for a rack. Yet when it's pumped up, it's tough to tell it's an inflatable.

First company that I've seen actually make a board specifically for this kind of surfing. But if you get on Youtube, there are dozen of videos of people doing it on all kinds of boats.

• Like 3

I have a long board we run behind the boat every now and again. It is fun, definitely more of a Zen surf feeling than a short board. (Just like the ocean.) I like it after a long day of wakeboarding. You can walk around on it ride the nose and hang ten, I have even tried unsuccessfully to hand stand on it. I definitely don't take it on every trip but, it is a fun change.

• Like 1

i rode my sup behind my mxz it was fun to try can ride a long way back i didnt use a paddle though nothing compared to regular surfing.

the surf logo is a centurion graphics package.

You guys are amazing. Dissin it because it's not exactly what you are into today?

This could be something you could do on a lake/river where you've managed to get wake enhancement devices banned.

Mine rolls up into a bag. No need for a rack. Yet when it's pumped up, it's tough to tell it's an inflatable.

First company that I've seen actually make a board specifically for this kind of surfing. But if you get on Youtube, there are dozen of videos of people doing it on all kinds of boats.

Next thing you know you will be telling us they strap seats on a big ski so you can ride sitting behind the boat. Then for kicks, add a big metal looking wing under it so you "fly" above the water. like that'll fly :crazy: I have a 12'sup I have taken out just ffor the fun of it. No carving, but was still fun

• Like 1

We did that a could of years ago. We didn't even weight the boat. The board has to stay at the correct angle to the wave or the wave rolls the board. It really stable to ride though. Move around, sit down and stand back up. Some where I saw 4 girls surfing on one behind a boat.

Ha...those are especially hated in the line-up. Getting a similar reaction here...

Yea, I see that online. But I'm on a lake 300+ miles from the coast & there is no line-up here for some surf punk to think he can rule over everyone.

Get on Youtube & look up guys like Laird or Dave Kalama. They are doing a lot more tricks than just sitting down while in the surf. It's probably just a matter of time before some young kid like Lenny Kai comes around & shows everyone how it's really done behind the boat too.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I think people would be shocked to find out how hard that actually is. Those guys made it look easy. I'd love to see the folks rolling their eyes at it actually try to do it.

Perrrrrrrfect for Shasta/Powell trips. We did it a few years back at Shasta. We started by trying to just paddle into the waves as the boat passed........uhhhhh.......yeah....didn't work well for us newbs. :lol: We, very quickly, resorted to just taking the rope. Even then, I pretty much sucked at it........and I'm decent enough at SUP and Wakesurfing. Whatever tho.....we had a blast tryin!

And yeah....don't be surprised by the dissin' Bill. Heck, A LOT of people are still pretty uppity towards wakesurfing! Whatever....life's too short. :thumbup:

• Like 2