Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Do you know what brand air chair / hydrofoil rack this is for the illusion tower?

tyler97217 (pdxWAKE.com

I have this hydrofoil rack for an illusion tower. Do you know what brand it is? It looks pretty nice and has set screws to adjust it on the back behind the strap. It fits the factory Illusion holes. Trying to research it and see the value and potentially sell it. There is no name or anything on it. I assume it will work in conjunction with any factory surf rack or wakeboard rack? What do you know about this?

20140420_150258_resized_zpsb0390cb1.jpg

20140420_150644_resized_zps01602238.jpg

20140420_150251_resized_zps34717213.jpg

20140420_150709_resized_zps988c192a.jpg

20140420_150653_resized_zps280f2256.jpg

20140420_142740_resized_zps365db732.jpg

I would just sell the top and use the bottom as a surf rack. I don't think they are affiliated. You can just use your own surf or wakeboard rack..... Not sure though... That is really one of the things I wanted to figure out from others.....

I've never seen one like that before.

I think that many foilers might worry about using a wakesurf rack for the board on a hydrofoil because foils are so much heavier than surfboards. You might struggle to sell it by itself. But a decent used rack can sell for $300 or more. I could ask the guys on foilforum if you would like more reviews of that rack. Depending on the love that particular rack gets, it might be worth more. The strut holder by itself is probably not worth much IMHO.

Edited by TallRedRider

The lower rack is just a standard surf board rack. No affiliation to the foil rack. You can just use your own surf rack or wake board rack below on the lower mount. You just add this piece to the upper mounting location. With that said, what is this worth and is anyone interested in it?

Hey Tyler,

Both pieces of the rack would probably be worth around $300. Or maybe $125 for the piece that secures the foil.

You might put it up on foilforum.com for sale. Plenty more foil riders there. Or I can put you in touch with Chris, Ken & Eric who used to run the Foil-n.com site. They are always wheelin & dealin foils & gear.

Jtrezon.... You are correct. That looks right.... Thanks much guys. I will put it over on Foil-N. Will sell the top piece for $100 if anyone is interested. Will keep the lower half for a surf rack. Hit me up if you know anyone....

Bill

Are you a moderator over there? Can you get my posting authority turned on?

Yea, soft of. I'll see what I can do. Might be easier if I just put an ad up & forward you any responses. Let me know if that's what you'd like to do.

Interesting that Metcraft's site is still up. Looks like the domain registration was updated 2 months ago. But no answer on their phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Came off an Ilusion X.... I think mounts are the same for either, but please confirm with others before buying it. Drop me a PM if you want to buy it