Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Annual service cost

What's the average cost for the annual maintenance on a 2004 Wake-setter?

Not too many shops in my area and wanted to expand outside the Malibu shops.

Regular maintenance, I've never winterized my boats because we use it all year.

I'm just curious what most Malibu owners are paying for such service.

I'm looking at the beginning of the year service, like oil change, impeller, transmission check and all the belts and hoses that need to be checked.

Depends on how many hours you put on the boat per year. Malibu has recommended maintenance intervals for things like fluid changes, impeller replacement, etc.

I would encourage you to spend some time on this website and search "oil change", "impeller change". You may find that you want to do it yourself. Saves money, is not that difficult and with the high employee turnover in service departments you never know what kind of work (i.e. quality) you'll get.

Doing everything myself, I'd say I spend about $100 on average. Some years more, some years less. More years include spark plugs or distributor cap, ect. Less years include oil, fluids, cleaners and waxes, and an occasional impeller.

Edited by electricjohn

That all makes good sense, if not too difficult I can do it. I will check what the hours recommendation is.

Thanks for the info and happy boating!

DIY you will save a fortune and also it's not that difficult to do much the work yourself. Winterizing could be as simple as draining lines or as most dealers do, fill them with antifreeze. Although both are efficient obviously filling with antifreeze is the better choice. As stated above, ~100$ + personal time for DIY or compared to a dealer which would be around 450$ for a full winterization, oil change, impeller change.