Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Registration Numbers - What do you guys think?

ahopkins22LSV

ahopkins22LSV

Thanks guys! Of course my wife hates them, but I am going to have a hard time spending 50-70 on a new set when these ones are doing the job just fine for no money out of our pocket.

Change the MC to BU.

That would be awesome, except the MC is kinda a requirement in MI :)

Looks very nice....

But I must say I do like the look of the raised letters from Domed. then again I am a little biased, Lol....

post-20239-0-49677300-1398005887_thumb.j

ahopkins22LSV

Dare, I love those too but no go with the wife lol.

So, if I were to order domednumbers, what would the vote be? I think black silver outlined would look good or white black outline?

That's a really tough call, as you straddle two color's with you're Reg. Numbers.

What I did was design a variation of reg numbers in MS Pub, different fonts and a verity of colors.

Printed them out and taped them to the boat. Stand back a ways and digest. Take pics to, to compare.

At the end, Andy from domed emailed me a few proofs from my suggestion in the Response font as you see in the pics I posted.

he's a great guy to work with. Very accommodating.

I'd run them till someone said theres a problem.

When I bought my bu, I put black letters with chrome outline on the black boat. I thought it looked great. But I didn't make it a week before I got pulled over by the sheriff. He said it didn't stand out enough.

I called the guys I bought the letters from, 3DLettering, and they sent me a white set with chrome outline. They stand out now & I haven't been harassed about it at all.

• Like 2

They look pretty nice to me. I'd probably run them.

I'd run them till someone said theres a problem.

When I bought my bu, I put black letters with chrome outline on the black boat. I thought it looked great. But I didn't make it a week before I got pulled over by the sheriff. He said it didn't stand out enough.

I called the guys I bought the letters from, 3DLettering, and they sent me a white set with chrome outline. They stand out now & I haven't been harassed about it at all.

I just ordered a set of black with chrome from domed... strike-through to boot. Hopefully they don't give me fits.

Looks good. I'm surprised I didn't get stopped for "non-contrasting" registration numbers. I also had domed black numbers with chrome border on a black hull.

Thanks guys! Of course my wife hates them, but I am going to have a hard time spending 50-70 on a new set when these ones are doing the job just fine for no money out of our pocket.

That would be awesome, except the MC is kinda a requirement in MI :)

Move.

I think my dealer is going to provide some decent 2 color lettering but I planned on ordering domed ones. Texas and I am sure most states if not all require block letters, so does the 2014 Wakesetter matching font meet the block requirment?

Looks very nice....

But I must say I do like the look of the raised letters from Domed. then again I am a little biased, Lol....

...Just a LITTLE???????? :Tease3:

If you plan on using your dealer on a regular basis, think about his feelings.....they did you a good thing and did it for free.....you will not be thought of as appreciative if you throw out his money!

If you are using the dealer on a regular basis, at least wait a year before you change them so he can see it come back in his shop with the ones he comped you on....

just shows your appreciation....!

just sayin'

If you plan on using your dealer on a regular basis, think about his feelings.....they did you a good thing and did it for free.....you will not be thought of as appreciative if you throw out his money!

If you are using the dealer on a regular basis, at least wait a year before you change them so he can see it come back in his shop with the ones he comped you on....

just sayin'

JB. A very good point!

Was very considerate of the dealer to go that extra mile getting him on the water.

But I must say I still like my Domed! :Tease3:

Edited by Dare2goBare
ahopkins22LSV

just sayin'

Very good point. I like them so along with that, they are going to stay unless my wife ponies up the $$$ for new ones. Then I have no choice :)