Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best surf boat, $50k budget...?

IXFE

Thanks to IXFE for gathering up all this great input. Appreciate everyone's $.02. Yeah, we went outside the "budget" but everyone's happier with this option. Can't wait to get it on the water!

Such a sweet boat! And no you can't go wrong with vapor blue and black. (Same color as my boat!)

My 2004 VLX surf's just fine for the 35k or so price tag it would have if I sold it. Tell him not to get caught up in the excitement of buying a over priced boat. Every boat has it's plus's and minus's.

Your boat surfs ok. Having surfed behind properly ballasted bigger boats there's a huge difference. I have the same hull....

Shawndoggy used to have the same hull as well.

ahopkins22LSV

Nice pick up!! That is a great looking boat and from the few times I have been behind a VLX it surfs awesome! And the vapor blue looks amazing on the water, you won't be disappointed. I am partial though :biggrin:

Sounds about right. My budget was similar, but came home with a 14 23 LSV. Congrats on your purchase!! Now, how much more money can we spend for him? Do you have ballast bags? Pumps? Boards? Evolution cover? That's just a start!! Beautiful boat!!

Thanks to IXFE for gathering up all this great input. Appreciate everyone's $.02. Yeah, we went outside the "budget" but everyone's happier with this option. Can't wait to get it on the water!

Congrats to you and your family. The VLX is a great boat, and Dave will be able to get you dialed in for surfing. Sweet color scheme, have fun this summer!