Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best surf boat, $50k budget...?

IXFE

My local dealer, during boat show, was asking around 56k for the 21 MBs. That included a wetsounds package which inlcluded 4 rev 8s.

I rather I have this boat all day long at that price. The logos are awesome and the lines are clean....but I think they compare to the Tige boats with interior space which will be the negative

Shawn in....1, 2, 3....

Weather or not you like the stickers and gel design, the Supreme is still arguably the best surf boat for around $50K without having to settle for cheap plastic everywhere. I can't understand why someone who mainly wants to surf would buy a 5 or 6 year old Malibu over a brand new boat with warranty.

I rather I have this boat all day long at that price. The logos are awesome and the lines are clean....but I think they compare to the Tige boats with interior space which will be the negative

Shawn in....1, 2, 3....

tige and supreme are much more alike in terms of interior space (both deep, both small in the cabin and big in the bow) than MB (shallow, small in the bow) and tige.

IXFE's old F21 is still probably the best looking one I've ever seen.

This. Was a pretty big contender for me, fit and finish is good but they are just so boring. The tower doesn't even look as good as the illusion x did.

^^^^ now THAT is funny.... supreme's tower IS the Illusion X.

lol, someone needs to buy a boat for the stickers, I guess.

no doubt. Funny thing is in a thread just a few months back, when asked what are your top considerations for buying a wakeboat.... and all the "true to da game" "keepin it real" "no fluff here all performance" guys all said WAKE WAKE WAKE was their top consideration.

I'm impressed by the Supreme's. Their build quality seems to be pretty solid. The cabins are super deep. I was not the happy about that, but if you have kids running around that good be a nice point in their court as well.

I honestly wish I could just by a boat based solely on the graphics and looks. How simple life would be!

Guess if you don't know any better........... :stupid:

I think the Supreme is the $ in the bank option.

Edited by Bobby Bright

In all honesty, taking a look on boattrader, the best bang for his buck is easily going to be a Enzo. There are 2013s going for 59k. Having ridden behind a 2011 240 all summer long, I can first hand tell you how amazing the wave is.

Edited by TheKiwi

Weather or not you like the stickers and gel design, the Supreme is still arguably the best surf boat for around $50K without having to settle for cheap plastic everywhere. I can't understand why someone who mainly wants to surf would buy a 5 or 6 year old Malibu over a brand new boat with warranty.

I'm the opposite. I would take that 06 247 that 2008VTX posted over a new Supreme. The best 2 waves Ive ever ridden were a SV244, and 247. With the 8.1, that boat is a surf machine. Only 115 hours too.

I'm the opposite. I would take that 06 247 that 2008VTX posted over a new Supreme. The best 2 waves Ive ever ridden were a SV244, and 247. With the 8.1, that boat is a surf machine. Only 115 hours too.

And that's why they sell. Different strokes!

In all honesty, taking a look on boattrader, the best bang for his buck is easily going to be a Enzo. There are 2013s going for 59k. Having ridden behind a 2011 240 all summer long, I can first hand tell you how amazing the wave is.

Please show me a 13' Enzo for $59k.

That 2012 for 57k not bad. Still new I think. I just don't like the Aesthetics on the Supreme. You will have to compare how these boats drive for an accurate comparison. I think OP asked best Surf Boat all around.

Those are some great prices for the Centurion's.... Another top contender for a value, well built surf boat. Hard to believe you can pick one up for $60k, less than half of some other boats that have comparable or even not as good of a surf wake. Centurion does tow all the pro surf events for a reason.

Why not look at a used 23 LSV? One of the best all-around boats out there in terms of wake, quality, interior space, etc.

It would be a shame to spend $50k on a dedicated surf boat with a questionable wakeboard wake (like the Supreme), only to have his sons get more interested in wakeboarding as they spend more time on the water. And while the 247 LSV will for sure make a better surf wave when loaded the 23 is a lot easier to drive/tow/store for a new boat owner who is likely not trying to create a maxed out surf wake just yet.

Being a new boat owner it would be worth stressing to him how important a good local dealer is, more so than the brand he choses. A great way to turn somebody off of boat ownership forever is to have a bad experience when (not if) the boat has a problem, especially if buying used.

• Like 2

Those are some great prices for the Centurion's.... Another top contender for a value, well built surf boat. Hard to believe you can pick one up for $60k, less than half of some other boats that have comparable or even not as good of a surf wake. Centurion does tow all the pro surf events for a reason.

Some negatives I continue to hear about Centurions are clunky throttle, PCM motors are loud, and lots of wash on the goofy wave. You have to do a MOD to the boat to stop the wash coming from the prop. I do think the fit and finish is fine.

correct....the same reason every event is towed by whatever brand....they pay the most to sponsor them!

Some negatives I continue to hear about Centurions are clunky throttle, PCM motors are loud, and lots of wash on the goofy wave. You have to do a MOD to the boat to stop the wash coming from the prop. I do think the fit and finish is fine.

PCM engines are quiet, not loud. Clunky throttle? Can you elaborate?

Edited by Tims