Sign in to follow this  
Trickskier67

Best Mirror for a 2000 Response

Trickskier67

Hi. I have a 2000 Resposne that needs a new mirror. I've reviewed many and my dealer has only after-market mirrors; does anybody have a recommendation for a good mirror (that won't break the bank)?

Thanks!

Edited by Trickskier67

spinxt

Bill_AirJunky

Depends on if you want the "best mirror" or a cheap one. Cipas are cheap. And you get what you pay for.

The PTM is the best I've ever used. Quality of the glass, the back of the mirror, the bracket, the knurled knob to tighten it down, the fact that they don't move unless you want them to, everything is top notch. Their listed on Ebay & Amazon now too.

wakebrdr94

I have been on boats with the CIPA tower mirror mount, and for some reason, the tower speakers were in the way and I would lose track of my rider, even while surfing. I ordered the boat with a PTM and tower arm, still nervous, and what a difference. Just the field of vision in that thing is insane. I honestly never thought that mirror was going to be that much better, but I am a believer now. Just awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldjeep

Be nice if PTM made a mount that would work with the standard Malibu windshield bar. I have a hard time paying $100 for a hunk of plastic to clamp the mirror to the windshield frame when there is a perfectly good mount already there.

Bill_AirJunky

Be nice if PTM made a mount that would work with the standard Malibu windshield bar. I have a hard time paying $100 for a hunk of plastic to clamp the mirror to the windshield frame when there is a perfectly good mount already there.

Wish I could find my old mount for you. I always thought that putting it on the opening windshield was a stupid place to put it.