Richkitt

Illusion X swivel mount board racks

Richkitt

OK, I'm a brand new Malibu owner, I purchased a 2006 VLX with swivel mount board racks. I activated the release and spun the rack to the inside. Unfortunately it would not rotate back to its original seated position. I ended up pulling the main hinge pin and noticed to steel ball bearings set into the machined aluminum articulating surface. I assume these bearings when operating correctly act to hold the rack in the open and closed positions. The issue is they appear to be locked and will not push down even with a hammer and punch. I left it over night with a healthy dose of WD-40 but don't think that is going to be the answer. Should I assume I will need to get these out and that there is a spring underneath the bearing that is corroded and immobile?

If anyone else has had this same issue, I would appreciate some procedural help and a resource to order replacement bearings. Thank You!

Jimmypooh

Can you take a picture of the rack. There are many brands that fit so it's hard to tell which one you're talking about. You'll likely have to put the picture on something like Photobucket and link the to picture or become a supporting member to upload directly.

Richkitt

Thanks Jimmy, I took it all apart the other day and got it working smooth. The bearings that were locked up were able to be screwed out and lubed. Re-assembled and all is well in the world...