Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

stereo lid/armrest

foiler1

Hi crew. I posted this question last year and didn't really get an answer so here I go again. The screws that hold the lid that flips up pulled out. this is a lousy design by Malibu and I don't want to relocate the stereo. Has anyone had this problem? If so, how was it repaired? Just looking for ideas before I start ripping it apart. Thanks in advance!

Why would you want to leave the stereo located in there? The armrest location is awful and relocating it is cheap and pretty easy.

Slight hi-jack:

Nitrous - where do you recommend? I'd like to use my BT unit but think the lid interrupts the signal some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slick setup. No issues of hitting your knee on it? How did you enclose it?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 6'3" and have never hit my knee on it. My 6'5" buddy hasn't either. It's not an issue at all.

It's just an under dash Metra kit. About $10.

• Like 2

A little two part epoxy, dab it on the screw and screw it back in.

cant see that holding it. Somebody has to have a fix for this :(

Edited by foiler1

Its no different than when a wood screw strips out. Put some wood glue in the hole, put the next size up screw back in. I've had many holes on my boat where the screws were coming out from its age & fixed them with some epoxy & screw them back in. Half the screws holding my ski locker trim were falling out, epoxy on the screw threads, screw them back in, good as new.

Edited by racer808

Also once you fix it might be worthwhile to put blue tooth in as well. It makes line stereo basically just a pass through. I just did it on mine and the days of having to turn half way around to mess with the stereo is over.