Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New to Me Sunsetter LXI - Proud to officially join the Crew

Toronto Boater

^ I agree. I'd be nervous leaving the boat in the water unattended. If you decide that you must leave it in the water, check the drip rate on the prop shaft seal and make sure your bilge pump is in good working order and your battery is strong.

ok thanks all for the congrats and the helpful advice. I will be installing a second battery as a back-up for the bilge pump. I unfortunately can't pull the boat out each weekend but the maximum time I would be away is 7 days (or 2 weeks in worst case). There will be others who can keep an eye on it when I am away.

Looking forward to a great summer.

We have had ours moored for the majority of the summer for over 10 years without problem. We don't have to worry about the water level too much since it a man made lake it can only get so high and very rarely does it drop below a foot. Also like you we are there to use/check on it weekly and on occasion two weeks off. Our boat slip is also protected pretty well from larger rollers.

I'm guessing based on the fact that you mentioned the dock whips you only have dock on one side of your boat and you want a way to keep it from hitting.

We have an Auger stake (at least that's what it looks like it's called from searching) to pull the boat away from the dock. The way we are set up if you hit that you'd already be in the rocks but if you go this way and it is in the middle of the water I'd mark it with buoys.

Another option I saw on here not that long ago that might work for you.
http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48325-dock-tight-boat-fenders-and-buoy-rope-fender-mods/