Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dash Rattles with stereo

Well just finished putting a new stereo in my LSV and under heavy bass my dash rattles really bad! I searched the forum and didn't find much.

The stereo shop said they put a bead of silicone around the windshield which i'm not sure they did, and its two hour drive back to the stereo shop.

Is there any tips on tightening up the dash? It's an 07 LSV.

Thanks guys!

rattling as in something is loose? I'd start with just tightening what you can. Screws next to malibu emblem and then up top of the inset screwing up vertically. then lean under helm and hit whatever you cna then try to report on exactly whats rattling to isolate what is moving and what can be done besides turning it down haha

I had the same problem on my 05 vlx. I took off the windshield and took out the gauges and put some weather stripping under the dash where it meets the fiberglass. I used the stripping that had adhesive on on side and stuck it to the boat. Kind of a pain but it fixed the problem.

My dash on my V-Ride would rattle as well. It was about half way between the gauges and windshield. I took the instrument cluster out and wedged a piece of foam between the dash and whatever I could find in there.....can't remember......fixed the rattle.

Get a trunk lid from an '89 Caprice and bolt it to the dash. At least the buzzing will sound correct then. You may need a few spinners on the swim platform to get the look right.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

You can take the guages out and run a bead of expanding foam along the edge. This will push up on the dash panel slightly and prevent the rattle.

• 4 weeks later...

This may be a dumb question but how does the gauge cluster come out? My dash rattles pretty bad and it drives me nuts. I have a couple coozies between the dash and windshield which helps but still pretty bad. thanks