Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

5 Blade prop?

sstj

Does anyone use this prop? Is it worth buying? I heard that its suppose to help smooth out your surf wake? Any info would be great. Does it help getting the boat out of the hole?

I can't help with this much but I did run a 5 blade on my bass boat. I was looking to stop cavitation in turns. I will say it did make for on he-- of a hole shot. It did everything I was looking for on the bass boat.

It was the "cool" new product that came out in mid 2012, then died off as most found more downside than upside to them. That's why you hear almost nothing about them now. The current props to have are the 15" props.

I have one and do think it helped with performance. No problem getting on plane with a large load, less RPM, did loose a fem MPH on the top end but so do all the performance props it seems. There is a good write up on Wakeworld too, http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=788869 , make sure to read all of page 2.

On the Axis A22 I went from the 1235 to the 5 blade OJ and what the majority of us A22 guys agreed with was that it significantly reduced the noise inside the cabin (I mean huge difference), it knocked down the rooster tail, the wash between the wake was noticeably less turbulent, and when heavily loaded and given WOT there was less vibration felt trying to plane. RPM decreased about 200-300 and top speed was 42-43mph. I know it's an Axis to Malibu comparison but I'm pretty sure the results would be similar.

Edited by AJWest
  • Like 1

Does anyone use this prop? Is it worth buying? I heard that its suppose to help smooth out your surf wake? Any info would be great. Does it help getting the boat out of the hole?

Im holding out for the 7 bladed prop

On the Axis A22 I went from the 1235 to the 5 blade OJ and what the majority of us A22 guys agreed with was that it significantly reduced the noise inside the cabin (I mean huge difference), it knocked down the rooster tail, the wash between the wake was noticeably less turbulent, and when heavily loaded and given WOT there was less vibration felt trying to plane. RPM decreased about 200-300 and top speed was 42-43mph. I know it's an Axis to Malibu comparison but I'm pretty sure the results would be similar.

I agree 100% The OJ Cinco is the glad AJ is speaking about. It is a great prop. For my needs I needed a little bit more pulling power as I do almost no cruising long distance. I have the 2315 and love it, but in 3 weeks when I go to Lake Havasu I will be be putting the Cinco back on. It is quiet, so smooth, has a great amount of get up and go, cruising and riding RPM's are a couple hundred lower than my current prop, and top speed on my boat is 43. I think the FAE with the Cinco prop could produce the quietest set up possible while still being able to load up your boat to wakeboard and empty your boat to barefoot.

here is a link to the axis forum and a little write up I did on some props. I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

http://www.axiswakeboardboats.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1598&start=0

And yes, standard prop pullers will not work, but a MAP gas torch, short 2 x 4, and a hammer makes pulling this prop a 2 minute job.

It was the "cool" new product that came out in mid 2012, then died off as most found more downside than upside to them. That's why you hear almost nothing about them now. The current props to have are the 15" props.

I dont see any specifics on surfing properties, other than generalities about a weighted boat I assume are for wakeboarding....