sakinaw

shower presure

sakinaw

hey crew. i just installed my shower kit and i'm not getting any water flow. i have put the cold water T after the raw water pump and the hot water T in the heater line. i disconnected the hoses from the shower valve and all it seems to do is pee out of each hose, no pressure at all. any thoughts?

Cheers!

buckhorn

Is the pump running? You should hear it when you flip the switch.

GlassMaster

Verify that the inlet and outlet are mounted in the correct location. My shower pump was installed from the factory and made the right sounds but it had a similar problem. While checking the lines to see if something had clogging the pump and testing pump to see if a seal or something mechanical had failed, I discover those hoses had been connected backwards. It has perfectly ever since they were switched.

sakinaw

yup pump is on and installed the rite way. my concern in the lack of pressure that comes directly off my T points being as one come rite off the 1 1'4 line from the impeller and the hot line is T'd off the line for the heater. all i get is the equivalent to a pee stream.

JasonK

if its the beginning of your boating season, wherever you are, maybe your impeller is going out.

302Zapper

Don't mean to be off topic but is your handle the lake you ski at? Sakinaw

sakinaw

i checked the impeller. looked fine. ive read some forums that say that people run a shower without having a pump at all, just on the pressure of the engine alone. makes me wonder why i cant get more then a pee stream before the shower valve.

302Zapper

Been skiing Ruby since the late 70s, took a few years off to golf and back at it with a boat purchase last year

SunDoo

yup pump is on and installed the rite way. my concern in the lack of pressure that comes directly off my T points being as one come rite off the 1 1'4 line from the impeller and the hot line is T'd off the line for the heater. all i get is the equivalent to a pee stream.

I have the same problem. My hot pressure is great, but I could disconnect my cold at the T and ride all season without filling my bilge lol. Frustrating for sure...tried heating and reshaping the T to change pressure, and reaming the 1/4" tap out to provide more flow, but there was very little improvement. New or old impeller, it made no difference either. Please let me know if you solve this. Cheers,

Dave