Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Indmar fuel line recall?

wakebrdr94

I was told yesterday by my dealer some 2014 monsoons had a recall regarding their fuel lines, affecting both Malibu and axis. Luckily my boat is still there, but anyone else hear this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the phone call yesterday. Malibu is asking that we not use the boat until the repair is made. No details really. They said they haven't had any accidents, but want to keep it that way. We have an Axis A22 with about 5 hours on it. Kinda sucks they dont want us to use it over the holiday weekend. Apparently parts will not be available until Tues. Atleast they're on it and addressing the issue. They offered to come pick up and deliver the boat which was nice, the dealer is about 125 miles from us.

Dealer said he just got the service memo. I looked on the web but couldn't find it. I was told the same, parts ship Tuesday. I don't know all engines, but I have a 350 CATS and I know he said the 330. Beyond that, not sure.

Edited by wakebrdr94

I have the 2014 23 LSV with the monsoon 350 and i got the notice from my dealer last night about the recall. As of right now the dealership don't have much information but they did tell me that he had 9 boats already affected with this concern. So far Malibu hasn't disclosed the main issue yet but i am sure we will find out soon.

I just got a certified letter from Malibu talking about a faulty crimp on the fuel lines from their supplier. According to the letter this is a quick fix but unfortunately we can't use our boats until the repair has been made so it looks like no lake time this long holiday weekend...

At least they are on it. I wonder how many people either

A. Don't know about it and will be using their boat

Or

B. Figure they'll chance it and use it anyway.

At least there have no issues on a boat yet

The issue is with the short, flexible fuel line between the fuel tank and engine on a number of recently manufactured Malibu's fitted with the 350hp and 410HP engines (not sure about the 450hp). It is a simple fix and WSA changed out mine this morning with the boat on the lift at the lake and it took less than five minutes.

I saw my boat at the factory on April 8th. I thought that I would have had delivery last week so I stopped by my dealer today to get the scoop. Apparently the fuel line issue is more widespread. Even though my boat was finished and shrink wrapped for delivery, they pulled it back out along with 3 others from my dealer and fixed the fuel line issue. So even though my boat was just built... Indmar is still having problems.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk