Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

AugHog Products

SuperchargedC6

Pretty wide range of products they make there...boat anchors, umbrella holders, real estate sign holders, tables, rod holders, rifle racks...way to pick a market and attack!

As for the sand bar anchor, I don't see how that would hold a boat in any kind of wind or chop, looks like it would just pull right out of the sand.

Yeah, I might get one and test it out. It would be mainly my secondary anchor. I always use 2 (one bow, one stern). This would be off the stern to keep the boat straight.

umbrella holder...2' of galvanized dock pole w/an auger.

anchor...a very common solution on local sand bars here is 1.5" pvc. make a T about 4-5' tall. I don't glue the 'handles' of the T, just the T fitting. cut the tip on a 60 deg angle. I simply insert the 6" handles into the T fitting, twist & push, it'll sink just fine and not come out until you need it (it's held some very big boats in wind, waves). it also flexes a bit which I think helps it stay put. about $6.

anchor...a very common solution on local sand bars here is 1.5" pvc. make a T about 4-5' tall. I don't glue the 'handles' of the T, just the T fitting. cut the tip on a 60 deg angle. I simply insert the 6" handles into the T fitting, twist & push, it'll sink just fine and not come out until you need it (it's held some very big boats in wind, waves). it also flexes a bit which I think helps it stay put. about $6.

Must be a Michigan thing, never seen it before until I visited Clear Lake last summer, simply genius :thumbup:

Yeah a few of my friends (also in Michigan) use this. Works great for the sandbar.

Do you have a pic? I'm having trouble putting together what you are talking about.

by 8' of 1.5" pvc pipe

cut one section 5' long. on one end, cut a 'tip' at 60 degrees.

glue a Tee onto the other end.

From the remaining pipe, cut two 6" pieces.

when needed, insert two 6" pieces into the Tee on the long piece making it look like this <---------|

grab the handles and push/twist the pointy end into the sand around 2 feet deep

remove the two 6" handles and tie off to the pole.

go to back of boat and repeat with second one (if you choose to make two of them, which requires two 8' lengths of pipe)

when ready to leave, reinsert 6" handles, twist, pull, remove and stow in boat.

(optional) - some permanently glue the 6" handles in place which make it a bit less easy to store and perhaps a bit easier to tie off to.

Edited by Kalamazoo

and while you're at it...you probably could make a shorter version for an umbrella holder and rather than a Tee use a Cross fitting to allow the umbrella pole to be inserted.

I may have to try that...

by 8' of 1.5" pvc pipe

when needed, insert two 6" pieces into the Tee on the long piece making it look like this <---------|

go to back of boat and repeat with second one (if you choose to make two of them, which requires two 8' lengths of pipe)

(optional) - some permanently glue the 6" handles in place which make it a bit less easy to store and perhaps a bit easier to tie off to.

Not sure these cost, but my buddy basically made two huge slide anchors. Carries two and uses everywhere. I was curious about the PVC design, but not sure they'd be strong enough at some places in our area. The sand bar isn't very sandy and quite difficult at times to even to get your anchor to penetrate.

post-16010-13978478066095_thumb.jpgpost-16010-13978478244309_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a set of their actual aughog auganchors for about 3 years and I can tell you they do not pull out. We used them in some crazy waves at a wakeboard competition and they held strong. We use them about every weekend on the sandbar too. We got one of the umbrella tables last year and had them do the LED table like they have on their Facebook page. It is pretty cool at night. No complaints at all.

• Like 1

by 8' of 1.5" pvc pipe

Lot's of people in our area use this system. It works surprisingly well.