Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat cover tender

Malibuss

Somewhere on this site I saw someone had invented a tie down to hoist up the center of the Malibu boat cover to keep the rain from sagging it down. Anybody have some ideas here ?

All we used to do with our old malibu was get a patch sewn on to the cover below the tower with a hook in it. We just simply took a rope and tied a knot in it at the right height where the ski pylon was on the tower, basically hanging your cover from the tower. Done! Cost was like 5 bucks!

Kirk

I bought a vent cover ii(see below) I drilled a hole thru the center of the cap and installed an eyebolt with washer and nut. I used a 4' bungie. All in $20 additional benefit, it helps vent the interior

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/boat-vent-ii-boat-cover-vent.html?gclid=CM6Hlv6K5b0CFVFp7Aod2B4AqA

Edited by HPetit
  • Like 2

I once saw a guy with pvc from the pylon to the windshield. Created a nice structure underneath and would only cost a couple. Cut the long part of a t fitting in half. placed that on the top of the windshield ran the pipe to a 2 inch (guessing) to fit over the pylon. It made a nice arc

Hanging type like this?

20130521_181947_zpsb0f4b014.jpg

I had my local upholstery shop add a D ring to the top,right below the tower. I use a bungee cord. I only have to use it when the boat is sitting in the driveway, which is when the boat is sitting with the front down hill a bit. When the boat is sitting flat, it won't pool up without the support.

Vent cover mod is a great idea. I have on that I was going to install but have more of a need for the hangtyte. I can now do both with the same device. Perfect and thanks!