Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Possible, new to me boat

Jdubb16

Guys,

I started this thread previously, but it took me a while to get the build sheet with all the options.

Here is the boat info

2007 23 LSV, 380 hours

450hp, Vortec 8100, sealed cooling

Illusion X tower with Bimini

Power wedge

Three heater outlet

Dual battery set up

Flush transom kit

Sony HU with 1 GB of memory with 8 Rockford in boat speaker and subwoofer with amp

4 Titan cans on the tower with amp

Sony lounge remote control

Fiberglass swim platform

Depth finder

Boat ate trailer with brakes, LED package, stainless steel steps, spare tire, back lit steps

Custom boat cover with tower cut outs

The boat is regal, graphite and white

Aquamat carpet

Agreed price with my friend is $42,000

Anything I should look for with this model year, like know issues that maybe should have been fixed.

Do you think this is a good price, from my research it appears to be a very good price, but I wanted to check with the experts. We are coming from a I/O, so this will be our first inboard.

Let me know what you think

Thanks,

Jdubb

Guys,

I started this thread previously, but it took me a while to get the build sheet with all the options.

Here is the boat info

2007 23 LSV, 380 hours

450hp, Vortec 8100, sealed cooling

Illusion X tower with Bimini

Power wedge

Three heater outlet

Dual battery set up

Flush transom kit

Sony HU with 1 GB of memory with 8 Rockford in boat speaker and subwoofer with amp

4 Titan cans on the tower with amp

Sony lounge remote control

Fiberglass swim platform

Depth finder

Boat ate trailer with brakes, LED package, stainless steel steps, spare tire, back lit steps

Custom boat cover with tower cut outs

The boat is regal, graphite and white

Aquamat carpet

Agreed price with my friend is $42,000

Anything I should look for with this model year, like know issues that maybe should have been fixed.

Do you think this is a good price, from my research it appears to be a very good price, but I wanted to check with the experts. We are coming from a I/O, so this will be our first inboard.

Let me know what you think

Thanks,

Jdubb

Heck of a price! All four ballast tanks I assume, since it also has the 8.1. Nice find for sure. That engine is a rare beast, ($14k option I think), and seems to have every option on the boat.

Thanks for the input, I felt it was a good deal but just wanted to be sure. I especially wanted to check if there were known issues.

Yes it has the four standard ballast tanks that came that year and he also has a 750 in the rear, but I do not think it is hooked up PNP. Might have to get that done once I get comfortable. This summer is going to be a learning curve for me, then I have to teach my wife how to drive it.

Thanks,

Jdubb

The actual build sheet states the 8100 Vortec and the next line states Sealed cooling. Is there anything on this boat that the sealed cooling could be referring to?

Damn iPad keyboard. I always mess the 'm' up and hit the space bar.

Well the wife and I have decided this boat is for us, now we just need to sell our Chaparral. Got a little time as my friend is finalizing his order this week, so the spray date will likely be later in May. However, the sooner I sell, the sooner I can get the LSV

Thanks for the help.

Jdubb

Sounds like a great deal, and the fact that you are buying form a friend makes it that much better - you know where to go with "boat specific questions". And the peace o mind assuming your buddy wouldn't screw you with a lemon! Now I'm ready for the pics!

No, he lived on a lake in TN until last year and now the boat is at Lake Gaston in NC.

I think I may have a clarification, what does " water cooled shaft seal" mean

Edited by Jdubb16

That means that you have the upgraded shaft seal that replaces the standard shaft seal that you have to adjust the drip rate to keep it cool. The water cooled shaft seal uses water from the raw water pump to cool the seal. It is well worth having IMO to keep the bilge dry.

Ok, got the two pics I have at the moment uploaded to Photobucket and hopefully they will post correctly. Wish I had more, but these are the two pics he sent once he had it detailed this spring.

imagejpg2.jpg

imagejpg1.jpg

Now if I can just hook a buyer for my boat, got one on the line. He needs a trailer so I am trying to find a decent inexpensive trailer to pair with my boat to seal the sale.

Thanks,

Jdubb

That is a clean boat! Nice find! Buy that thing and then worry about selling your old boat! We don't want to turn this thread into something Inlandlaker would be proud of!