Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

That time of year again

wakebrdr94

This reminds me of what happened to me this weekend. I had gotten off my boat at the dock, was heading to my truck. Some yahoo then gets out of his boat and tries to make the mad dash to his truck to get in front of me on the ramp. Well that has only one effect on me (there was only the two of us there), my normal 2 or 3 minute loading the boat now takes 15...

The ramp we use is a single ramp, so you can imagine how things get around 5pm on a saturday. The reason that video was so funny, is becuse it's soo true. I watched a guy make 4 attempts to get his boat on the trailer right this past weekend, then pulls out of the water, examines the boat and backs back in so that the boat sits just right on the trialer. By this point at least 15min had past and lines to drop boats and put on trailer was getting long.

People.....

This reminds me of what happened to me this weekend. I had gotten off my boat at the dock, was heading to my truck. Some yahoo then gets out of his boat and tries to make the mad dash to his truck to get in front of me on the ramp. Well that has only one effect on me (there was only the two of us there), my normal 2 or 3 minute loading the boat now takes 15...

Hmmmm....

We had a guy at our local ramp last summer. So there are like 5 trucks with trailers in the single line at various stages of picking up or dropping off their boats & drivers. Russian guy pulls his boat up to the dock & ties it at the foot of the ramp so no one can use it. Then he gets out of the boat & walks up the ramp to his truck. Someone says something to him about how he can't just leave his boat like that at the ramp. The guy says in broken English, "I'm next". Someone else comes up & tries to show him the sign that says how your supposed to do it. The guy just nods & says, "Yes, I wait. Now I'm next. You wait".

:Doh:

Everyone had to get out of line so he could get his truck & trailer to the ramp & get his boat out. Then everyone got back in line behind him again.

Try that the next time you are in a hurry. Pretty sure it'll work great.

WOW - Great Video - Still Rolling!!!

When I had bought my Crownline last season, the dealer launched, and left the truck there, while he took me for a demo ride in the boat. I asked him about 50 times if he wanted me to launch and pick him up.....was such a dunce!

Edited by Shodan01

That was awesome!!

I have the boat ramp right near my house on a semi-private lake. It's always fun to watch some of the antics. While we don't have people loading gear, coolers, changing props, etc. we do have people who are totally clueless as to how to put their boat in the water.

Last year, the neighbor next to me was putting his boat in while my wife and I were having dinner with the kids on the deck. His house is a summer house for him and he was getting all geared up for the summer. The man, super awesome guy and a great neighbor, is totally clueless. He's towing his Sea Doo jet boat with a 10 year old Acura TL with 300,000 miles on it because he can't tow it with his Tesla. After 20 minutes of watching him attempt to back the boat in, I ask my wife if I should go help.....she said no because she didn't want me to make him feel like a d-bag. I'm thinking "wow....how can he not feel that way already?"

Shortly after our exchange, he gives up and decides that it's a great idea to disconnect the trailer from the car and "walk" it down the ramp. He does so with relative success. He gets just shy of the water, backs the car up, hooks the trailer back up to the car but neglects to lock the trailer to the ball. He backs in.....this is where the fun begins....

The boat begins to float, and it's still attached to the trailer which at this point has now detached itself from the ball. As the two are floating away, I see him standing there shaking his head. Again, I tell my Bride that I need to go help the guy to which she agrees. This poor dude felt so bad.....I had to feel bad for him while hiding my laughter. I jumped in the water, attached a rope to his trailer / boat debacle, and pulled it back to the ramp. I told him to hold the rope while I backed his car down the ramp and attached the trailer to it. I then unloaded his boat, and parked his car and trailer in the driveway......felt super bad for the dude, but he did repay me with a 6-pack of Bells' two hearted ale!

• Like 3

That was awesome!!

I have the boat ramp right near my house on a semi-private lake. It's always fun to watch some of the antics. While we don't have people loading gear, coolers, changing props, etc. we do have people who are totally clueless as to how to put their boat in the water.

Last year, the neighbor next to me was putting his boat in while my wife and I were having dinner with the kids on the deck. His house is a summer house for him and he was getting all geared up for the summer. The man, super awesome guy and a great neighbor, is totally clueless. He's towing his Sea Doo jet boat with a 10 year old Acura TL with 300,000 miles on it because he can't tow it with his Tesla. After 20 minutes of watching him attempt to back the boat in, I ask my wife if I should go help.....she said no because she didn't want me to make him feel like a d-bag. I'm thinking "wow....how can he not feel that way already?"

Shortly after our exchange, he gives up and decides that it's a great idea to disconnect the trailer from the car and "walk" it down the ramp. He does so with relative success. He gets just shy of the water, backs the car up, hooks the trailer back up to the car but neglects to lock the trailer to the ball. He backs in.....this is where the fun begins....

The boat begins to float, and it's still attached to the trailer which at this point has now detached itself from the ball. As the two are floating away, I see him standing there shaking his head. Again, I tell my Bride that I need to go help the guy to which she agrees. This poor dude felt so bad.....I had to feel bad for him while hiding my laughter. I jumped in the water, attached a rope to his trailer / boat debacle, and pulled it back to the ramp. I told him to hold the rope while I backed his car down the ramp and attached the trailer to it. I then unloaded his boat, and parked his car and trailer in the driveway......felt super bad for the dude, but he did repay me with a 6-pack of Bells' two hearted ale!

Its good you helped him instead of just watching and laughing at him which, unfortunately, is what many would have done.

ahopkins22LSV

Not trying to make fun of anyone who has or still does struggle at the ramp, because I understand it can be a very challenging task and it just takes time to learn. But, you could honestly set up camp at our lakes launch and be entertained all day on a nice Saturday. We have thought of doing it!

It's been said thousands of times here, but, I still cant get over yocal's and their kids standing/fishing/swimming ON the boat ramp, while people are attempting to put a boat in. THEN, they seem bothered when forced to get the heck out of the way.

Steve B.

Today, we have improvement! My neighbor, mentioned previously in post #9, put his boat in today. I did the same as last year....removed the trailer from the car and walked it partially down the ramp, then hooked it back up to the car so he could back it into the water. I'm happy to report that he DID latch the trailer to the ball this time.