Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 LSV 23 Wake for ski

Northern Exposure

Northern here. Trying to come to grips that spring/summer will never come to Alberta!! Go right into winter, forecasting snow this weekend!! Anyway was trying to find a topic about skiing behind a 2014 LSV 23, but couldn't find one. If someone knows where, please let me know. Thanks. For now, has anyone skied behind a 2014 with the new design? I am mostly interested if someone skied behind a "wake" hull design or seen what the wake looks like around 30 mph. If skied behind a "diamond" hull, let me know. Looking at the new 2014 but the boat in stock has a "wake" hull. Thanks Northern

It's a big boat. And heavy. If you slalom, you would be dissapointed. Just recreational skier, should be ok. Even at 30mph, there is a bit of a wake, but it's not horribly big. The Diamond Hull is definitely better at that speed.

Northern, Give Greg a call at Teskey AVU in Rocky. He is a course skiier and just bought a 23 LSV with the diamond hull. He was very surprised to see how good the wake was over 32 mph. I know you said 30, but he can give you a few ideas.

Trent

Thanks Trent, I thought I heard Greg bought a new 23. I will contact him. Where have you been? Haven't seen you at the boat shows? Northern

Thanks Trent, I thought I heard Greg bought a new 23. I will contact him. Where have you been? Haven't seen you at the boat shows? Northern

Been crazy with work and kids. To many responsibilities. Time to play more and work less.

I am not sure of the underwater changes to the hull but I have recently bought an 08 23lsv on the wake hull and are amazed at how good the wake hull is for slalom skiing above 32m. I ski at 36 and I am more than happy with the wake. I don't find it much different to my mates 09 vtx on a diamond hull at speeds above 32. Good luck in your search, I bought it for wake boarding and airchair, but am amazed at how versatile it is.