Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Did I make a Mistake? Go naked or No?

vigwilson

:plus1: for tint if going naked with that gel scheme.

I saw a thread on here about pulling the windshield is that a must? I think it would look killer. Just money right!

Looks great. If you decide to do graphics sometime in the future, it'll be like having a new boat again.

True! :thumbup:

Back up about 4-5' from your screen and take a look at this :biggrin:

Appreciate ya doing that! That does look really good and gives it more black :rockon:

Appreciate ya doing that! That does look really good and gives it more black :rockon:

No problem, don't you know I'm the sites MS Paint Master Technician :biggrin: As for removing the windshield, talk to your tint guy, a good one can do it without but I don't see how it would be any easier. I removed mine so that I got the best tint job possible from my guy, plus I had speaker work to do and I wanted to chamfer all the windshield mount screw holes to prevent future spider cracking. It's also a mess between the dash and windshield so it gives you a chance to clean it up and get a good coat of wax on the gel under the windshield....:crazy:

Thanks guys for all the ideas. I'm not sure if it's making my decision more difficult! Does any one have the photo shop skills to insert the 06 decal inside the tan area as far back as possible without touching the black?

If you can find me a good picture of the 06 graphic you are talking about, I can mess around with PS for you.

I was not a fan of the naked from the first pictures. I thought it was missing something....I was both right and wrong. It was missing something...window tint. Wow what a difference....with tint your boat looks amazing naked! a graphic at this point would likely be a detractor. You made the right call stripping the tribal.

To the lake, go we must.

Edited by DarkSide

I'm gonna have them tinted then see how it looks. Is 20% to dark for night driving or loading. Loading at night now I look over the glass. But for night cruises I just look through the glass.

I'm gonna have them tinted then see how it looks. Is 20% to dark for night driving or loading. Loading at night now I look over the glass. But for night cruises I just look through the glass.

Never understood the tinting thing, that is what sunglasses are for. Reducing visibility in low light isn't a good thing.

Just me personally I'm not comfortable going any faster than idle while looking through the windshield at night even without tint, I just feel like the top edge is a blindspot all the way across. I'm usually up on a knee or standing.

Never understood the tinting thing, that is what sunglasses are for. Reducing visibility in low light isn't a good thing.

I don't stay out often after dark, and it adds shade and keeps the cabin cooloer for the kids, and it looks BA!!

• Like 2

If you can find me a good picture of the 06 graphic you are talking about, I can mess around with PS for you.

Do you need a blank image or can it be another boat?

Naked! For now anyways. I just stripped mine...thought I would hate it...but I actually REALLY like the stripped down/clean look. Like someone posted earlier the tribal/affliction look has come and gone!

Naked! For now anyways. I just stripped mine...thought I would hate it...but I actually REALLY like the stripped down/clean look. Like someone posted earlier the tribal/affliction look has come and gone!

You may be correct sir, It may just be the shock of it being gone! We'll see how she looks after tint, I went ahead and got some decals on the way just in case at a killer price thanks bunji169.

Got any good pics of yours TNW? I made the mistake of trying to strip the decals on my vRide in February, it came off in a million tiny shards and took a week, even with a hair dryer!! And these are bigger so I plan to wait till we get a couple good hot days in a row. Any other tips or tricks?

I don't get the naked thing... it makes the inboards appear boring. I love the graphics on inboard boats, it is what sets them apart from every other boat on the water! Without them your inboard looks like an Ebbtide, Caravelle, Bayliner, Regal, or any other boring I/O. In fact, many I/O's are now trying to mimic wakeboard boats.

Do you need a blank image or can it be another boat?

Found this online, same gel pattern anyway

06decal.jpg

No, I can use the image if it is on another boat. Is this the one you are talking about? I'll PS it on your boat this evening when I'm not tied up with work.

Found this online, same gel pattern anyway

06decal.jpg

Other than your original graphic, this is the only other one that fits the space and I personally like yours better. The newer "wakesetter" text graphics don't fit or flow with your gel scheme, IMO.

Got any good pics of yours TNW? I made the mistake of trying to strip the decals on my vRide in February, it came off in a million tiny shards and took a week, even with a hair dryer!! And these are bigger so I plan to wait till we get a couple good hot days in a row. Any other tips or tricks?

Heat gun my man. I take about 5 minutes before I even start and get the whole decal warmed up a bit. Then start at one end and the key to stay out ahead with the heat gun from where your pulling. Like a foot ahead for reference. They are so thin that if you get close to where your pulling with the gun it melts and tears a way. They are pretty stout just not when it comes to heat. It leaves very little adhesive. Just a quick wipe down with denatured alcohol and done. The hardest part is scrubbing the wax line off.