Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Did I make a Mistake? Go naked or No?

vigwilson

Vigwilson I hope you don't mind if I hi-jack your thread but I'm in the same dilemma can you guys give me some decal advise? I was thinking of putting the long wakesetter decal on it is actually the under decal of the two part wakesetter logo without the bubble or raised section. I also had Andy at domednumbers make some demo pics of decals they can make. This is the boat now. Also the tint looks great I have to do mine and would love to see how it would look like you guys did above!

photo1.jpg

This is the one I think I want.

photo-1.jpg

domednumbers demos

06Wake_Eastman_wake7.jpg

06Wake_Eastman.jpg

Doublee...I would leave the decals off of your boat. Looks so much cleaner without. I am also loving the Samson tower!

domednumbers demos

06Wake_Eastman.jpg

If you go with this option, make sure they use the spelling in the proof and not the misspelled version on the boat!

PS'd some tint onto your windows for you. Like Vigwilson's boat, I think this color scheme pattern looks good w/o graphics.

photo1_zpsd0137104.jpg

06Wake_Eastman_zps3aabd69d.jpg

06Wake_Eastman_wake7_zpsb21caea1.jpg

@vigwilson......

What The Hard Way posted is killer!!! I love it!

Yes sir it is killer or was killer! I couldn't resist but try. I put the 06 decals on her for now. At the expense I paid it was worth the shot. I like it. But it also looks great naked :thumbup:

Doublee...I would leave the decals off of your boat. Looks so much cleaner without. I am also loving the Samson tower!

I totally dig the samson tower as well. I wonder how the strength and wobbelyness is on it.

Vigwilson I hope you don't mind if I hi-jack your thread but I'm in the same dilemma can you guys give me some decal advise? I was thinking of putting the long wakesetter decal on it is actually the under decal of the two part wakesetter logo without the bubble or raised section. I also had Andy at domednumbers make some demo pics of decals they can make. This is the boat now. Also the tint looks great I have to do mine and would love to see how it would look like you guys did above!

This is the one I think I want.

domednumbers demos

I truly think it can go either way and I'm happy. It looks great with the 06 graphics and naked its really hard to choose. How do you like your samson tower? I pm'd you back sorry for the Malibu crew Hiatus, finals are quickly approaching me and haven't left my studies except for work and class :cry:

20140425_200825.jpg

The Hard Way:

That wasn't misspelled. It's there attempt at recreating the latest Malibu graphic with the double T's. I don't like it on the '14's for that same reason. Looks misspelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again man. It looks great. Still can't plunge for tint we just ride so much right when the sun goes down, it's hard enough to see. It's a maybe for me.

Thanks again man. It looks great. Still can't plunge for tint we just ride so much right when the sun goes down, it's hard enough to see. It's a maybe for me.

We do too. That's why I went with 30%

• 1 month later...

Texas I did alot of starring and guessing, I taped the sticker onto the boat and eye balled it the way I thought it would look the best. I peeled the decal backing off and used a spray bottle to wet the back of the decal and the boat and had two people put the decal on so it could be moved and when I got it in the end position I used and small plastic squeegee to force the water out behind the decal. It took a few days to really dry. One piece of advice if you look at the boat on the trailer the decal looks straight and in the water it arches up at the front. No real way to know that without putting the decal on the boat in the water. The decal is also printed straight and for our boat with the swoop at the back the decal should be arched to make the install easier but it wasn't designed four out gel pattern. This is what it looks like with the backing still on the decal. The bottom of page 4 of this thread shows options domed numbers can do I just didn't want to spend $500 for their decals and found mine cheaper.

photo-1.jpg

Texas this is the decal on with all the water squeegeed' out and I let it sit overnight (KEY POINT) before pulling the backing off so the water under the decal can dry and not pull off the decal. It's really not that bad with two people shoot me a message and I can call you and explain it better. Eric

boat05.jpg

Teamerikson, come say hi next time at Folsom. The previous own had the carbon tower and missed the recall he said it shook the entire boat so he bought the samson blade, I like the malibu tower look better but the blade is unique and really solid. We usually are at Oroville, I think I am a professional houseboat sitter if anyone needs me to keep an eye on their boat!

Teamerikson, come say hi next time at Folsom. The previous own had the carbon tower and missed the recall he said it shook the entire boat so he bought the samson blade, I like the malibu tower look better but the blade is unique and really solid. We usually are at Oroville, I think I am a professional houseboat sitter if anyone needs me to keep an eye on their boat!

How is oroville right now? I haven't been up there in years. Been thinking about making a trip up there but haven't because of water levels.

Oroville is about 50% but it's big and there is lots of lake to ski and explore. Send me a message and i can send some current pics

Going houseboating next week!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Texas this is the decal on with all the water squeegeed' out and I let it sit overnight (KEY POINT) before pulling the backing off so the water under the decal can dry and not pull off the decal. It's really not that bad with two people shoot me a message and I can call you and explain it better. Eric

boat05.jpg

Is that the Samson blade tower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it's a samson blade, 1st owner said the carbon malibu tower shook the boat bad and he missed the recall so he ponied up and put this on.

• 1 month later...

Doublee133,

Thanks for the hook up on the decal - I ordered and received quickly. now working on putting it on but wasn't sure of the process. From your posts, I think I get it, but want to make sure I understand so I don't screw it up... I spray a little water on the boat or sticker to allow me to move it a little as it goes on and then squeegee all the water out, let it dry for a day and then the clear part (and the outline of the letters that is a little thicker) comes off easily?

Appreciate the tip on the upward tilt - I wouldn't have thought about that!

Thanks!