Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Did I make a Mistake? Go naked or No?

vigwilson

I don't get the naked thing... it makes the inboards appear boring. I love the graphics on inboard boats, it is what sets them apart from every other boat on the water! Without them your inboard looks like an Ebbtide, Caravelle, Bayliner, Regal, or any other boring I/O. In fact, many I/O's are now trying to mimic wakeboard boats.

I'm kind of in the same boat! Its a tuffy there are pros and cons of each direction. Hence the my posting!

I respectfully disagree. I love that my boat looks the way it does, maybe only people who know something about inboards know what it is, but that's how I like it. I don't need a huge sticker that says WAKEBOAT on the side of my boat to know that its not a Bayliner.

You say boring, I say classic.

Its cool that you can have a full wrap that screams whatever you want it to scream and I can have a more simple look. Everyone has an opinion. You don't have to "get it"

I agree. And frankly I'm more interested in what is going on about 80 ft behind the boat anyway.

I respectfully disagree. I love that my boat looks the way it does, maybe only people who know something about inboards know what it is, but that's how I like it. I don't need a huge sticker that says WAKEBOAT on the side of my boat to know that its not a Bayliner.

You say boring, I say classic.

Its cool that you can have a full wrap that screams whatever you want it to scream and I can have a more simple look. Everyone has an opinion. You don't have to "get it"

I agree. And frankly I'm more interested in what is going on about 80 ft behind the boat anyway.

Heard that! Well its about 75 for me! :clap:

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

IMO your boat looks very good naked.

And my 2 cents on the naked or not; it 100% depends on the boat and what image you are looking for. Like yours and Levi's I think they look very good naked. Others look very good with the graphics. I can't decide if ndawgs would look better naked or clothed :dontknow:. And on mine, I want it to say Response, other wise I will get people asking me why my Malibu Wakesetter doesn't have a tower and speakers. :crazy::Tease3:

• Like 2

As per ahops comment,

I have to chime in hear and say that the Response is a totaly different animal with its lower sleek look.

Not saying I don't love the look of the wake boats. If I could afford it I'd have one of each....lol...

I am biased as I ordered mine without the graphics. It came with them anyway. I kept them on for a bit, but quickly had them taken off and haven't looked back.

I like the clean, classy look of naked.

I am with the others. Go naked and tint the windshield. I will be doing this soon. Just need to find a tint guy here in AZ that can do it.

Acutint in Gilbert did mine last week. I also had clear bra installed on the transom and swim step. They are also mobile and will come to you

To the lake, go we must.

I was quoted $200 for 20% tint lifetime warranty. He says I don't need to pull the glass. But I think it would much easier if I did . Any thoughts on % as far as night driving, we ride majority at sunset and sunrise as it's the nicest time on my lake.

I REALLY like the naked version better. I think the tattoo graphics look dated while the naked look is classic. Nice boat either way. I'd spend the money somewhere else.

• Like 2

Got any good pics of yours TNW? I made the mistake of trying to strip the decals on my vRide in February, it came off in a million tiny shards and took a week, even with a hair dryer!! And these are bigger so I plan to wait till we get a couple good hot days in a row. Any other tips or tricks?

I just used a hair dryer and like above try to stay ahead of it! Its sucks...bad... to be honest. Try to go slow and get as big of pieces as you can man. It still left a TON of adhesive for which I used the 3M adhesive remover and a credit card to scrape it off. Which then that leaves little glue balls all over the place! Wiped again with soaked 3M rag. Pretty happy with the results and I think you will be too! The tint for some reason just sets it off...I desperately need to get mine tinted. Wish I had a better pic but this will have to do for now...just snapped a quick one

post-21756-0-33353300-1397618629_thumb.j

My apologies, got tied up with a bunch of stuff tonight, but I did a very quick and rough PS of your boat with the 06 graphics. I used a graphic off of a yellow boat because the the blue one you posted here wasn't quite high enough resolution. I didn't get a chance to completely remove the yellow halo , but I think you get the idea. Also tinted the windows for you.

Boat2_zpsd91ae51d.jpg

Thank you sir for the example. It definitely helps me get a visual. I'm going to tint I think before graphics. It looks pretty killer like that. The new decal seems to have no difference in the appearance. But the tint is something else.

Loving the tint, hating the decal. But you know where I sit on this fence... :lol:

I'm really thinking about looking into the tint this year. I think it would really set off the black in my boat.

That second link is the one I use and it's amazing. I've used it countless times on cars and boats. It takes the decals and adhesive right off and doesn't damage paint or gel. No heat or adhesive remover needed. I just zip them off and hit the area with a little polish and wax.

• Like 2

^^^

Yup, the Eraser Wheel is a great invention. The key is to not press too hard or stay in one spot too long because it will heat up the surface, and could damage the clear coat or gel coat. As long as you keep moving, you'll be fine.

Levi, If you want to get me a side view picture of your boat, I can do the tint thing for you as well, if you wanted to get an idea of what it'd look like.

Loving the tint, hating the decal. But you know where I sit on this fence... :lol:

I'm really thinking about looking into the tint this year. I think it would really set off the black in my boat.

I don't think you are on the fence. I would put you squarely in the no decal "yard", far away from the fence.

I don't think you are on the fence. I would put you squarely in the no decal "yard", far away from the fence.

I stand corrected, bad use of that metaphor.

Am I reinforcing the fence?

Don't get me wrong I really like some of the decals out there. I just usually prefer the classic look of the naked boats with smaller decals.

^^^

Yup, the Eraser Wheel is a great invention. The key is to not press too hard or stay in one spot too long because it will heat up the surface, and could damage the clear coat or gel coat. As long as you keep moving, you'll be fine.

Levi, If you want to get me a side view picture of your boat, I can do the tint thing for you as well, if you wanted to get an idea of what it'd look like.

9877dcc90f87821762c206f3ecb94a06.jpg

Thanks man!!

And vigwilson's w/o the graphic, light and dark tint. No graphic but leaving the 'Wakesetter' near the stern and tint gets my vote!

vigwilson20_zps971632a3.jpg

vigwilson5_zpse0f2b1a8.jpg

Edited by TheHardWay

Here ya go. I did a lighter version that would be like a 20% tint, and then darker, more like 5%.

Levis20_zps0ee25d06.jpg

Levis5_zps3c0bf139.jpg

And vigwilson's w/o the graphic, light and dark tint. No graphic but leaving the 'Wakesetter' near the stern and tint gets my vote!

vigwilson20_zps971632a3.jpg

vigwilson5_zpse0f2b1a8.jpg

I can dig it man! I love it :yahoo: Levi's boat looks incredible it really does make that small amount of black gel pop. Man I am envious of the water pics, I need to get on that this year.