Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HELP! AMP Selection

sebo.ech

Have an installer coming tomorrow to give me a quote on 6 polk mm651s and an amp to power them along with my two Bazooka mt8002 tower tubes. Im planning on getting a fusion deck with 75w per channel also to power two of the speakers up front. Any advice on amps??? I got a great deal on the speakers and bazookas so i would like to stick with those. I didnt know what ya'll thought of maybe running the JL m6600. Thanks

I just pulled 6 polk mm651um's out of my boat that I wouldn't mind selling. They were only used twice. They were powered with a Polk PA D4000.4 amp. The amp might be for sale as well. Not sure what kind of deal your are getting on the speakers, but I might be able to beat that price just to get them out of my garage.

That Fusion deck "might" make 18 watts RMS per channel. I wouldn't waste powering the front speakers with that.

Amp depends on the specs of those towers, but I'm guessing they are rated pretty low. Which speakers do you have - the MM651 or MM651UM? The MM651 is a 2.7ohm speaker, which would not work with a head unit's amp anyway.

If running MM651's, two PPI 900.4 amps would be perfect. Run 4 MM651's off one amp then the other two + two towers on the second amp.

IMO, the JLM660 wouldn't be a great choice. AB class amp, 75x6 so it would be a lot less power, yet would still need a second since the MM651 is a 2.7ohm speaker.

Thats a great amp, I actually have one that I would sell for $550.00 if anyone is interested.

I may be interested. Any potential for concern considering that isn't the marine version? How old? What condition?

I may be interested. Any potential for concern considering that isn't the marine version? How old? What condition?

It actually is the marine version and it's only been used half a season. It's practically new and I have the box and all docs. Im thinking about going with the hd amps to match my sub amp. At that price though I will ask that you pay shipping and any Paypal fees.

post-19093-13976039659067_thumb.jpg

Edited by SuperchargedC6

I was thinking of using it to drive my JL 12W3V3 (2CH Bridged) and (6) interior polks. The sub is currently being driven by a Pioneer GM-7200M and the boat speakers by a Pioneer GM-6300F. I know the JL is less RMS power by spec, but JL seems to be more honest with their ratings. Do you think I would get more out of it (primarily speaking about the sub).