Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PTM edge mirror question

Parrothead

I have reviewed the PTM edge series mirrors and am strongly considering this as my new mirrow. I am running a mirror off the tower arm now... Stock I am assuming (bought the boat used). I am not against spending the cash for the PTM 140, but what are my other options (outside the PTM line). Did a couple of google searches and on here and everything points towards PTM. Is this the only game in town for a mirror upgrade?

Thanks for your insight.

PTM all the way. Choice for us was between that and the Samson mirror (we have a tower mount mirror), and sooo glad we<br />Went PTM.

I've use a cipa and other makes. Once I got my ptm on the TXi, less than 1 week later I had ordered one for my wakesetter.

It's one of those spends. You get what u pay for. The mirror is amazing. So much clearer.

Only comment ... Pay for the metal handle. The plastic one is crap.

Clarification - I have 1 from the factory (stainless back) and one that I bought aftermarket (plastic back). Mirrors identical. The plastic back still looks very good. Stainless back (you get what u pay for in looks). But both came with the plastic adjustment handles. Very cheap. I upgraded both handles to the stainless one (bakes) - now I can tighten them down so they don't move and the handles won't break.

Edited by holden
  • Like 1

I have the plastic PTM 140 with the metal adapter on a Titan tower bracket. The thing is solid & clear & looks great. I would have considered the Cipa based on price (cuz I"m cheap like that), but looking back, none of my old Cipas were ever as nice as the PTM. The thing is pricey but worth it.

The CIPA 180 is one I did not find in my search until your responses. I like the 180 degree vs the 140 also. The Cipa 180 uses a different type mount (socket) to hold it on. Looks to be a ball vs socket on PTM. I am leaning towards the PTM still but the price is nice on the CIPA for sure. Looking for mounts however makes it more difficult when looking for the CIPA. I will keep searching. Thanks for all the insight so far.

BTW... Bill_AirJunky your inbox is full and would not let me PM you earlier to ask about your mirror. Just thought you might want to know.