Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Deep Freeze in TN after going out on my boat a few times....

Afun

I would also make sure to get the water out of the impeller, and v-drive. Don't forget the heater if you have one, that will be the first to freeze. Some guys just run an incandescent light in the engine compartment if it's only for a short time.

Edited by Jimmypooh

I wound up putting my shop heater up in the front garage last night since the VTX was in heated storage and not completely drained when I bought it. Supposed to be below freezing intermittently for the next few days. Not much chance of the garage actually getting down to 32, but not worth the risk.

Edited by oldjeep

I would also make sure to get the water out of the impeller, and v-drive. Don't forget the heater if you have one, that will be the first to freeze. Some guys just run an incandescent light in the engine compartment if it's only for a short time.

You will take it as far as pulling the Vdrive hoses?

They are saying snow here tonight so we are in the same boat, pun intended.

Who cares though it was more than worth it to get out on the water!

Agreed. I put the Malibu in the garage. I feel that will be sufficient to make it though a couple cold days.

Planning to put the boat in and on the lift next Saturday. I hope this one cold night is the last or I might have to reconsider.

Down here is TX we are going to hit low 30's tonight - but will not seeing freezing temperatures.

Just a longer than normal winter I guess.

AFun - I would pull the plugs and hoses....You have invested soooo much in that surf wake that it would really suck to be out a month with a rebuild. I know the likelihood of it happening is extremely low / but not a gamble I'd be willing to take.

• Like 2

always looking for the good..... these spuratic late freezes wreak havok on mosquitos and flies, hatching eggs right now.... which is fine by me. I got nailed a few times already this last weekend by horse flies.

• Like 3

Just open up all the cushions and compartments and put a space heater set at 60 in the boat. And of course, put the cover on tight.

Too many stories about fires with those things.....just my IMO

Drain heater and shower for sure. Can use a caged incandescent drop light down low in he motor compartment. Personally, I'd pull drain plugs and hoses as it only takes a couple minuets.

I am going to do Jhose, Cats, block

i'm in KC its supposed to drop below 32 for 6 hours and bottom out at 27 degrees. this isnt enough time to freeze a block. my boat is outside on a lift. i dont anticipate needing to drain it or put a bulb in there.