Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Am I dumb?

Souperfly

Ok, so I just bought the straightline fat sac twins and the uber pump at 1100gph. I get home, throw the bags in, open up the box to the pump and it came with: the pump, a 9 foot hose and the adapter....

So am I supposed to dunk the entire pump into the water or hold it at water level?? That would suck... It didn't come with a different hose to connect and the pump is a one-way pump... Crazy.gif I called the guy at the dealership and he has no clue.. I don't want to throw the whole pump in the water considering that it is plugged into my cigarette lighter, and last time I checked electricity and water mixed together didn't go to good for the electronis..

so, whats the deal?

I have the same pump and yes you submerge the pump in the water and thread the blue adapter onto the end of the hose and also onto the fat sack. To pump the water out of the fat sack you switch the blue adapter to the short stub on the pump and thread that onto the fat sack and drape the hose over the edge of the boat. It took me a little while to figure that out too. The pump is a submergable pump, all of the electrical parts are sealed. Sometimes I have to prime the pump by sucking (no jokes please) on the end of the hose to get the water to start pumping out of the sac.

I have the same pump and yes you submerge the pump in the water and thread the blue adapter onto the end of the hose and also onto the fat sack. To pump the water out of the fat sack you switch the blue adapter to the short stub on the pump and thread that onto the fat sack and drape the hose over the edge of the boat. It took me a little while to figure that out too. The pump is a submergable pump, all of the electrical parts are sealed. Sometimes I have to prime the pump by sucking (no jokes please) on the end of the hose to get the water to start pumping out of the sac.

Cool, thanks! I'd be afraid to throw the pump in the water without seeing or knowing that it was ok... On a different note, where in midland do you ski? I used to live in San Angelo, now I live in Del Rio... Might be moving to El Paso, and I know there are no lakes near there... Cry.gif

We actually have a place on Nasworthy in San Angelo. Its about an hour and a half from here.

I thought Midland Was the desert, El Paso is going to be no fun. Are there any lakes in New Mexico close to there?

You can prime the pump by just stepping on the bag a little bit while pushing the pump down into the fill nozzle on the bag.

You can prime the pump by just stepping on the bag a little bit while pushing the pump down into the fill nozzle on the bag.

Yea, the water pretty much just wants to jump outta the bag anyway -I have a hard time not loosing a bunch of water just getting the cap off, and the pump on... not usually much priming needed.

Or just push down on the pump, making sure that the pump is touching the water in the bag

Of course... now that you mention it, next new guy I have on my boat.. I'll have him suck on the outlet hose, when i turn it on... you know... cuz it needs to be primed Whistling.gif

We actually have a place on Nasworthy in San Angelo. Its about an hour and a half from here.

I thought Midland Was the desert, El Paso is going to be no fun. Are there any lakes in New Mexico close to there?

Cool, nastywater!! I actually have been thinking of towing up there to check it out. I haven't been on that lake in probably 3 years.... If you ever want to come down and check out lake amistad its about another 2 hours south of San Angelo.

We talked about having a WOW at Amistad last year. It's just a LONG way down there...

And major lack of good places to ski... There is one good spot, about 20 miles north of del rio... The launch ramp is called rough canyon, then its about another 10 miles north on the boat... Its beautiful down there but the lake is always choppy and if you found a good spot chances are that so have 20,000 other people too... I'd much rather drive to a lake for a big weekend where I know I can find some butter.