Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

new Sunsetter LXI

ryanowen

Looks like it came from Wisconsin - where are you at?

Good looking boat, it'll be even nicer with the mailbox numbers removed !

Thanks! Yep, the mailbox numbers are already gone and it looks loads better. 3m eraser wheel made short work of them and thankfully there wasn't any shadowing to contend with. I think I'm going to order up some new numbers that match the "sunsetter" font.

I'm just outside of Detroit and the boat was near Milwaukee.

Thanks all! I'm mainly going to use it on Upper Straits, but I'd like to take it north over the summer if time and weather permits.

The cover it has is just ok. I'm thinking about having a nice mooring cover made. I've seen recommendations for the Evolution covers, but any other suggestions would be great too!

You didn't run it through that car wash, did you? ;-)

Congrats on the new boat!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Lol. Nope, I managed to hold off on washing until I got home.

Nice find!! My favorite color too! You will love it. We recently picked up 99 SSLXI for my In-laws cabin. I used to have a 2000 as well and loved it.

Edited by Brodie

That picture was taken Exit 41 off of I94 in Coloma.

I hate that i know that.

....and you can almost see the Frosty Boy in the background. Not good that I know that either! And it's Watervliet at 41, not Coloma which is exit 39....

Edit: beautiful boat!

Edited by Michigan boarder

Location sounds about right, although I wasn't really paying attention. Just gas and go trying to end the trip asap. I was pretty happy with how the trailer pulled. I'm always a little nervous with an unknown trailer setup. I'd hired an inspection (including the trailer) before I went out though, so that put me a little bit at ease.

Thanks for all for the color compliments! I really dig the wide blue stripe on it. With the gray top stripe and accents, I'm thinking gray bimini.

Those Eagle trailers are solid! I'd be partial to a blue bimini, but gray would look nice too. Your lucky I didn't see this boat when I was looking, or we might have had a bidding war! How did you find it?

Those Eagle trailers are solid! I'd be partial to a blue bimini, but gray would look nice too. Your lucky I didn't see this boat when I was looking, or we might have had a bidding war! How did you find it?

Blue might be nice too... I was just thinking gray because of the lighter color and heat. I found it on craigslist using searchtempest. It was only listed for a few days because the seller was getting slammed with calls. Fortunately, (I believe) I was the first offer and he held it for me despite other offers including local buyers and dealers. I was really concerned it was going to end up as a bidding war. I lost out on another Sunsetter earlier in the winter that way. Kind of worked out though because this one, in my opinion, was the better of the two and ended up costing less.

Great boat!

Was it in the Burlington CL? I think our very own inlandlaker may have called on it, but the seller held to his morals that a buyer was coming for it. Congrats. It's a beauty.

Yep, it was the Burlington boat. It was good of the seller to stick with me. He had plenty of other options but he kept his word.

Great boat! I talked to that seller and I think you got a great deal. Do yourself a favor and get an evolution cover. You and your boat will be happier for it.

Great find!

Thanks! I thought it was a pretty good deal too, even more so now that I've seen it in person. I just heard back from Cory at Evolution and he's book out to the end of July. Looks like I'll have to reconsider my cover plan.

Yep, it was the Burlington boat. It was good of the seller to stick with me. He had plenty of other options but he kept his word.

Thanks! I thought it was a pretty good deal too, even more so now that I've seen it in person. I just heard back from Cory at Evolution and he's book out to the end of July. Looks like I'll have to reconsider my cover plan.

I think you bought from a truthful seller. Deal with the cover you have and wait on Cory. You won't be disappointed. I will be getting one of his covers over the next winter for my new boat, whatever that may be.

• Like 1

I think you bought from a truthful seller. Deal with the cover you have and wait on Cory. You won't be disappointed. I will be getting one of his covers over the next winter for my new boat, whatever that may be.

Hold out for the Evolution cover. You won't regret it.

martinarcher

Congrats on the new boat.

I'm with the other guys...I've owned two boats with Evolution covers and will never own another cover. Both boats originally had a different brand cover and now wear Evo's. They are fantastic and the guys that makes them is one of the best guys I've known in the entire marine industry. I wish more companies treated their customers like Cory does. He's a joy to work with.