Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesetter vlx steering cable

greglynn.nelson

I need to replace the steering cable on our 2009 wakesetter vlx. Have removed the old one without any fuss and pulled a rope throu to help pull the new one in. We can only get the new cable in about 40cm and that's it. Help it appears to be getting stuck any suggestions???

Not sure how to lift the floor under the drivers seat so I can direct the cable where it needs to go. Arrggggghhhh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

can you have one person pull the rope while someone else moves the or wiggles(for lack of a better term) the cable as it enters? Can't be off by that much.

or when I run things, I try to take a ball of tape, or whatever, and tape it to the tip to try to round out the end being run so it doesn't get caught as easily. if that makes sense

I ended up having to cut my whole longer so the cable would make the turn. I cut two inches more coming towards the drivers seat and it went right in with a good tug from the puller.

Edited by racer808