Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No so Graceful first foot!

Dare2goBare

JB. Good one Ah! Reminds me of the one you did last year in the river, and you claimed to have hit a log Was it? Lol...

Edited by Dare2goBare
  • Like 1

Ok so my crew said it was six cartwheels! Think I got you beat! :Tease3:

That is if where counting. ?..lol...

Edited by Dare2goBare

What's the water temp at cultus? A friend went out to deas slough and water temp was 47. A bit too cold for me.

Damn COOOOLD. As you know our temp gauges don't work the best in our BUs, think it read around 50F.

I'm only 20 min from the Deas, but reluctant to go, ........ hear the water Is very brackish??? Actually spend all my time in the Pitt River.

Cultas, only now before ZOOOOOOOO time......lol...lol...

Let's call that 50's. That's cold even +/- 3degree.

Deas slough can be brackish depending on the tide and where you are on the channel. There are days where I can almost taste the salt but not on other days. Plenty of wakeboats in the area and in the actual slough, it's fairly warm and no current. Not the cleanest water.

I do like Pitt river but the current can be annoying and it's way colder than the slough or allouette. I despise the launch at allouette as it is a zoo in the summer time.

Wow D2GB that was definitely a classic and I agree with the smirk, we've all been there. I was actually wondering when the season starts around here, Kudos to you for getting out, usually I can't get out yet because there's still Ice on the lake or night temps well below 0.

• Like 1

Tricky, the season starts when you're keen enough. As long as the overnight temp doesn't go below freezing, you're good to go.

My friend went out in his 4/3 wetsuit and water was 47. That's a bit much for me so I usually wait until May. Water temp will be around high 50s to low 60s and in my 4/3 I am comfy

• Like 1

Are we about to measure wet suit thickness Demo?

Usually I'm out as soon as the lake is thawed and night temps are above freezing, but in ontario thats mid april at best. This year I've been surfing year round in a 5/4.

Sometimes you wonder why we're all so proud to freeze are butts off and likely get sick just for the pull, but than you do it and it all comes back!!! :footing:

Very ballsy to be out on Cultas this time of the year, good on yah!!

Looking at the age of your driver I'm guessing he's the one that suggested going this early?

I was charging the battery for the car last weekend and the kid thought it was one of the boat batteries, too soon for me.

I can remember going out in April in 1981 because we had a trip to Mike Syderhaud's (sp) Waterski School on Shasta in May. It was so freakin cold that it felt like an ice cream headache the whole time you were skiing.

• Like 1

Yes my whole crew has been chomping at the bit for a while with some of the nice weather we've been having so we got at it.

a little crazy? Well maybe but what the heck. Time to make good use of our BUs, and of course I couldn't let them out do me....lol...

hence the cockyness backfire! Lol....

Water was cold on the face but the drysuit made it bearable. Can only get warmer now...I sure hope!