Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

5 Inch Aluminum seat lift finished.

Wakesetter67

So after much pondering I just decided ( Advice from another crew member) to Just Carpet around my new riser, I thought of Black powder coat, CNC a Malibu logo and add LED inside to illuminate , But I did not want to draw any more attention to it, Now it matches the rest of the boat, IMG_4497_zps226b3c93.jpgseat016_zps16b8e41d.jpgseat013_zpsc5008ad5.jpgseat008_zps0f49997a.jpg

• Like 2

Nice work! Looks Good. Have you had a chance to use it yet? I made a six I ch lift and it was too tall.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Yes, I used it all last year, absolutely loved it, It was supposed to be 4" but my buddy misunderstood, It's so nice having a full seat instead of the bolster, And I use the bolster when we surf, And nice thing about it, 4 bolts and back to stock, I'am going to put a locking door on the front for Valuables,

That looks really nice finished off! maybe Malibu should offer this as an option when you order the boat? "High lift seat block".

Or maybe thru should just give us a switch that raises the seat automatically. Standard feature.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I would even settle for a manual pump seat lift..LOL I honestly cant believe they have not came up with such a simple option, I thought options mean you make more money!!!!

• Like 2

Vary nice work, looks great. Have same project on my list for our VTX after I get my surf plates all done. So you would suggest 4" lift or the 6" you ended up with?

I ended up with 5" But I'm only 5.5 so i'm sure if you were taller a 4" would be great, 6" would be pushing it, Plus you don't want the armrest interfering with the throttle, Mine still pivots around and back and forth.

I'm 6'4" and I did 3". It's not high enough for surfing and to high for cruising. Puts my eyeballs about level with the top of the windshield. I find myself slouching to be out of the wind and looking through the windshield instead of over it. I'm thinking about dropping it back down and having a block cushion made that fits in the seat and has a little back support.

Hopefully your friend can make them quickly because once you set up the group buy, I'm guessing the orders will be piling up.

It took him 2 season and lots of " we cant go until you Finnish it threats" He is so busy at work and like I said before it was suppose to have a Malibu logo cut in the side, But I really like the carpet so it blends in, Could not wait till year three on that..LOL

• Like 1

I did a 2" lift, I am 6'ish and seems like a good fit. I had a booster seat made for my wife that fits in the seat base which adds another 4-5", seems to work good for her and other shorter peeps who drive the boat.

I did a 2" lift, I am 6'ish and seems like a good fit. I had a booster seat made for my wife that fits in the seat base which adds another 4-5", seems to work good for her and other shorter peeps who drive the boat.

That's a great idea, probably cheaper than a riser too, do you happen to have an pictures of it?

One thing you have to remember. Not everyone is built the same. I am 6' and with the bolster down I look right at the frame. Bolster up and I look over the windshield!

But if the boat had a gas pedal I couldn't reach it!

• Like 2

I used the 4" riser (I'm 6-2) and I really like it in my 247. On my txi, I raised the seat 2" and it works nicely.i would want to go higher on either boat for myself but ...

I also did 2 cushions (1 for each boat) like Fman. I have a couple of smaller stature drivers, one 5' and the other 5-5. The used the cushion on top of the flip up. They still have a couple of inches of the back so they won't slip off the chair and they have a foot rest on the front of the seat.

Beats sitting on the back of the seat.

In my 2001 response I used to sit on the back all the time to get higher. I've banned that in both boats now. It tends to twist the seats.

A few times when I'm coaching and want to be super high, I've used the 2nd cushion and my feet can still touch the floor.

I made the cushions myself. Took about 2-2.5 hours total, though having a saileite sewing machine makes jobs like this much easier than if u only have a regular seeing machine (can be done but is a little more finiky)

I lifted mine as well. You can see pics from last summer here in another thread: http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43375-seat-and-bolster-height-2013-23-lsv-too-low-any-mods/?hl=daylorb#entry645261

Was super-easy using pre-made Aluminum beam. Absolutely love it - makes the whole day more stress-free having better visual all around.

• Like 1

Infact I do have a pic....

Booster_reduced_zps622ad8a6.jpg

What would be sweet is if this were a custom made throwable flotation device... we actually sit on our throwable for the same purpose sometimes, but it doesn't really do much seeing as it's only like an inch or so thick.

Edited by shawndoggy
  • Like 2

What would be sweet is if this were a custom made throwable flotation device... we actually sit on our throwable for the same purpose sometimes, but it doesn't really do much seeing as it's only like an inch or so thick.

That's a great idea... maybe make it L-shaped and hinged to fit on the seat... think you are onto something here!