Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First sets/rides thread!

ahopkins22LSV

ahopkins22LSV

Just got back from a quick cruise on Lake St. Clair. Needed to get the Malibu out and make sure everything was good on it. What a beautiful evening! The kiddos loved it! I was surprised the water temp was 55.5 degrees. We didn't have enough time to get in a pull, but just being out was great. Its been a few years since that boat has been in the water in April....

Glad you guys got it home and are already enjoying it!! The next month or so will only be cruises for myself as well. Had a biking accident yesterday and my right foot didn't unclip causing me to do the splits. I don't do the splits without pulling muscles. Have a pretty badly pulled hamstring. At least it is April and isn't June or July.

Here are a few of my friend from yesterday and wife/our dog (at the request of a few people wanting to see more):

image-69.jpg

This is a good one of the wake 32mph:

image-70.jpg

image-71.jpg

image-72.jpg

image-73.jpg

And before people ask, it is either allow the dog in the boat or don't own a boat. So the dog goes in the boat :)

Few after I waxed her last weekend:

image-74.jpg

image-75.jpg

Glad you guys got it home and are already enjoying it!!

This was actually a cruise on the Sportster, not the T22. The T is still tucked away at the Pier. I plan on picking her up on May 2nd.

Where did you bike at? Mtn or Road? I wanted to go to Stony (Mtn) so bad, but figured it might be in rough shape from the storm. So, we rode around the neighborhood with the kids instead.

ahopkins22LSV

This was actually a cruise on the Sportster, not the T22. The T is still tucked away at the Pier. I plan on picking her up on May 2nd.

Where did you bike at? Mtn or Road? I wanted to go to Stony (Mtn) so bad, but figured it might be in rough shape from the storm. So, we rode around the neighborhood with the kids instead.

AH, there is going to be a lot people picking up on the 2nd!

I mainly mtn, I like Novi and Brighton. Head out to Addison and Stony some though.

But, I was on the road with the wife for a ride. Not paying attention in combo with being an idiot just laid it down and twisted weird causing the splits.

• Like 1

You guys are crazy haha. Water was 68 degrees here last weekend and no body went in. Balls of steel up there in Michigan apparently.

You guys are crazy haha. Water was 68 degrees here last weekend and no body went in. Balls of steel up there in Michigan apparently.

68 is close to the peak temp where I ride. We are lucky to hit that in July and 70-71 in August.

This is the first ride "proof" which was March 7th, but I did take a set in late the last week in February to start the season! - Austin, Tx area.

Here's a video (make sure to click HD) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=703885084420&l=1435462078192581315

And here's a pic

1509075_703844066620_1560756803_n.jpg

Edited by petrie141
  • Like 1

This is the first ride "proof" which was March 7th, but I did take a set in late the last week in February to start the season! - Austin, Tx area.

Here's a video (make sure to click HD) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=703885084420&l=1435462078192581315

And here's a pic

1509075_703844066620_1560756803_n.jpg

What lake? Heading down to San Marco's next month for graduation at Texas State, staying in New Braunfels and doing some skiing a the River Ranch and Zorn.

What lake? Heading down to San Marco's next month for graduation at Texas State, staying in New Braunfels and doing some skiing a the River Ranch and Zorn.

The lake in the picture and video is Lake Austin in Austin. New Braunfels has Lake Dunlap and Canyon Lake (I ride Dunlap frequently). If you choose to ride Dunlap, go to this website http://www.lakehouses4sale.net/sidebar/blogframeset.html 2/3 down on the link is a google maps view (Interactive Lake Maps) of the river with areas to avoid. What is the River Ranch and Zorn?

The lake in the picture and video is Lake Austin in Austin. New Brandel's has Lake Dunlap and Canyon Lake (I ride Dunlap frequently). If you choose to ride Dunlap, go to this website http://www.lakehouses4sale.net/sidebar/blogframeset.html 2/3 down on the link is a goggle maps view (Interactive Lake Maps) of the river with areas to avoid. What is the River Ranch and Zorn?

Both a ski sites. San Marco's River ranch is in Martindale off I-80 ,( http://www.waterskiaustin.com/Lakes/San_Marcos_River_Ranch/index.htm ) Zorn or Guadalupe is a few mile away from the Texas Ski Ranch on I-35,( http://www.waterskiaustin.com/Lakes/Guadalupe_Ski_Plex_(Zorn)/index.htm ). How's Lake McKinney, drove around there a little last fall when I was visiting, looks nice and expensive.

Edited by onamission

Both a ski sites. San Marco's River ranch is in Martindale off I-80 ,( http://www.waterskiaustin.com/Lakes/San_Marcos_River_Ranch/index.htm ) Zorn or Guadalupe is a few mile away from the Texas Ski Ranch on I-35,( http://www.waterskiaustin.com/Lakes/Guadalupe_Ski_Plex_(Zorn)/index.htm ). How's Lake McKinney, drove around there a little last fall when I was visiting, looks nice and expensive.

Never been to McKinney.

MalibuNation

AHopkins, is your wife drinking Oberon? I ski with the plant manager from Bells... he has a Master Craft and I forgive him for that ... free beer helps.

ahopkins22LSV

AHopkins, is your wife drinking Oberon? I ski with the plant manager from Bells... he has a Master Craft and I forgive him for that ... free beer helps.

She is indeed. Don't let her know that though she might want to be your new best friend! We actually talked the owner of the bar on our lake into having it this summer. She LOVES it and I don't really like it honestly but I knew they would sell a ton of it for a good price for them. So now that they have it, we were both right except I am stuck with higher tabs now!!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Got out today. Ice off a week ago on our ski lake. Ice out Wednesday on our home lake. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1398476405.864200.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1398476425.282188.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

64 today, 50's for the next week. :(

Nice! Our lake was glass tonight....pained me to not be tearing it up. Hoping to get out next weekend after the rain this upcoming week moves out.

ahopkins22LSV

Nice guys! I miiiiiiight be back on the water Sunday. Hamstring is feeling very good. Still a bit tight, but it is better every day. Might just get up to make a few casual cuts, get some endurance in, and just be on the water!

So happy to post in this thread before may! Air 74, water 58. No wet suit and I only surfed so I could start off the platform. Nonetheless, no complaints here!!! Supposed to hit 80 next few days which rarely happens this soon in the NW. Proof:

null_zps6cf8038f.jpg

null_zps70254a85.jpg

Got the boat in the water on Sunday, and first ski last night! Kinda interesting, water temp according to the boat on Sunday was 48, last night it was 55. A day of full sun sure helps out!

IMG_20140505_170546_zpsdbe73631.jpg

IMG_20140505_170727_zps2ca03bcc.jpg

IMG_20140505_172612_zpsd11c4f0a.jpg

• Like 3