Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First sets/rides thread!

ahopkins22LSV

ahopkins22LSV

Lake 42? Wow we dont get busy until the lake is 58 or higher

We were past the 100 degree rule though! We are just completely addicted though so its game on as soon as the ice is gone.

Hardcore man.

When did your lake unfreeze? Our lake (Sylvan Lake) unfroze pretty much this past Wed/Thur. Cass Lake still has ice on one side.

Same. White Lake actually still has some ice on it, we went over onto Duck Lake because that was 100% open.

I'M SUPER DISAPPOINTED I DIDN'T MAKE IT!

That's a hell of a sack you have with the heater top! I would have run a full 4/3 wet and been good. Little dude slept most of the day, otherwise....I'd have been happy to join you.

Super jealous!! :cheers:

• Like 2

The way the weather has been, I still fear another freeze. I think the high here is supposed to be 39 in a couple days.

I don't plan on getting on the water until May 1, if not a little later. I still have projects I have to complete before I can anyway, so not a big deal.

ahopkins22LSV

The way the weather has been, I still fear another freeze. I think the high here is supposed to be 39 in a couple days.

I don't plan on getting on the water until May 1, if not a little later. I still have projects I have to complete before I can anyway, so not a big deal.

Same here.... One day though. Back into the 60's by the weekend projected for next weekend. Will be skiing again. Have to enjoy the warm days in the spring/fall when you can!

Projects can be saved for the days below 40.

This time of year is great for water sports in the sense that the lake is empty. Be careful with the boat, it's suppose to be 25 F overnight Tues/Wed night. Should be fine, perhaps throw a shop light into the bilge.

Edited by Indyxc
ahopkins22LSV

This time of year is great for water sports in the sense that the lake is empty. Be careful with the boat, it's suppose to be 25 F overnight Tues/Wed night. Should be fine, perhaps throw a shop light into the bilge.

Exactly! As soon as the water warms up a bit it is one of my favorite times to ski. Motor is already drained and boat is inside. :)

Dang. Props to you for getting in that cold of weather. Was thinking about dropping the boat in tomorrow because the air will be 70 but no way I'm getting in sub 50* water without a dry suit. Still have work to do on the boat so probably won't drop it in the water until the end of the month.

image-66.jpg

Was so warm in the boat I didn't feel like struggling to put my dry suit on so just wore my heater top. Water was cold but was fine once I got up!

42F? Doesn't even get that cold here in the middle of winter. You'd be skiing year round in Australia.

• Like 2

ahopkinsTXI What time did you go? We hit the lake at 11:30 gauge was reading about the same F and F. We when rock-paper-scissors to see who go first, still not sure if I won or loss by going first.

I went drysuit, have a new Eagle and its just to easy to put on and off not to use it. I did just have shorts and a light fleece of under, baggies are not warm. Buddy did what you did Camaro heater top and shorts, but with a shore start and stop. The woman the skis with us when 3mm farmerjohn with a top.

You hurting a little today? Me its my hands and shoulders a little.

Got out yesterday too. Only wore the shorty but the water wasn't that cold. feet only hurt for about 5 minutes. The boat ran great. The ice was out by last weekend. Neighbors put their dock in on Monday. We'll put our dock in today. Yay

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV

ahopkinsTXI What time did you go? We hit the lake at 11:30 gauge was reading about the same F and F. We when rock-paper-scissors to see who go first, still not sure if I won or loss by going first.

I went drysuit, have a new Eagle and its just to easy to put on and off not to use it. I did just have shorts and a light fleece of under, baggies are not warm. Buddy did what you did Camaro heater top and shorts, but with a shore start and stop. The woman the skis with us when 3mm farmerjohn with a top.

You hurting a little today? Me its my hands and shoulders a little.

We went out at the same time. I wish we would have went a bit earlier because there was no wind until like 11. Oh well we still found decent water! Middle Straits had to be pretty good since the wind was basically straight out of the south. I think a new dry suit is in my future for next year. Although a full suit would have been perfect yesterday I think. I skied last so I could drive the new boat :)

Just got back from a quick cruise on Lake St. Clair. Needed to get the Malibu out and make sure everything was good on it. What a beautiful evening! The kiddos loved it! I was surprised the water temp was 55.5 degrees. We didn't have enough time to get in a pull, but just being out was great. Its been a few years since that boat has been in the water in April....

• Like 1