Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First ride of the year and I have trouble...

tn_rider

I have an 07 23 LSV with the 350 monsoon. Boat runs amazing. No shakes or vibrations. No knocks. When the boat is wide open (rarely) the boat shuts down into limp mode. It has to run full throttle for 35-45 seconds and then it shuts down and I get service required. Turn the boat off and restart it and it's fine. Runs fine until full throttle. I changed the cap and rotor. When I got it winterized i told the dealer what it was doing and they said they had it fixed and the timing was off. Idk what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forget if the 2007 electronic display could read faults. Might be worth starting there and post what you find. Just trying to think about alternatives before "if the dealer said they fixed it and they didn't they should make it right".

I forget if the 2007 electronic display could read faults. Might be worth starting there and post what you find. Just trying to think about alternatives before "if the dealer said they fixed it and they didn't they should make it right".

Also if they said they fixed it, I would want a copy of the service they did, just for my records

I have an 07 23 LSV with the 350 monsoon. Boat runs amazing. No shakes or vibrations. No knocks. When the boat is wide open (rarely) the boat shuts down into limp mode. It has to run full throttle for 35-45 seconds and then it shuts down and I get service required. Turn the boat off and restart it and it's fine. Runs fine until full throttle. I changed the cap and rotor. When I got it winterized i told the dealer what it was doing and they said they had it fixed and the timing was off. Idk what to do.

What is your water temp and oil pressure during this exercise?

Per the Indmar service manual:

If any of the following conditions is noted:

• Low Oil Pressure

• High Coolant Temperature

• High Transmission Oil Temperature

EFI engines may enter a Power Reduction mode. Power reduction limits the engine speed to a “safe maneuvering” speed of about 2000 RPM. This mode is intended to allow the driver to get out of harm’s way and to reach safe harbor for engine service.

The ECM also provides for a tapered engine RPM reduction if engine coolant temperature approaches the high operating limit. If the coolant temperature exceeds 176° F (80° C), the engine RPM is gradually reduced until a safe temperature is reached. If the engine RPM should decrease due to high coolant temperature, stop the engine and inspect the raw water intake, sea c*** and sea strainer (if equipped) and hoses for blockage or problems.

Edited by formulaben

RPM limiter? Realistically, it should just limit RPM, not shut it down, but I don't know what the ECM does in that case.

Bad transmission oil temperature sender?

P.S. It's interesting that you can't say, "sea c***." Can you say, "seacock?" Maybe, "sea c0ck?" Sometimes the p0rn filter goes a little overboard. It would be nice if it could catch phrases instead of simple words, but I guess it's better to be on the laughable side of safe.

Its funny how the quirks kick in after they sit for the winter. I was out for the first time yesterday and had a few moments where the cruise wouldn't engage, and a the center MLS switch wash't working. All and all got four or five great pulls in and seem to have got the bugs worked out. Hope you get it fixed.

have a great summer

Its funny how the quirks kick in after they sit for the winter. I was out for the first time yesterday and had a few moments where the cruise wouldn't engage, and a the center MLS switch wash't working. All and all got four or five great pulls in and seem to have got the bugs worked out. Hope you get it fixed.

have a great summer

You KNOW it. I think the gremlins incubate at temps under freezing then materialize in the spring. Chasing a couple of them myself.

Fuel filter? Sort of sounds like what happened to my monsoon a few years ago. We couldn't figure it out, got a new pump and still had trouble. Put a new filter in it was fine.

Are you getting a high-pitched whistle? If so, that's your engine screaming for fuel. Suggestion-- change fuel filter, then pull your fuel pump off and remove and clean the tiny screen on the inlet side. you'd be surprised at how plugged it can get over time. I clean mine every two seasons and just had to do it this weekend. Runs like a champ now. Good luck.

What's the fault code?

You can arm chair diagnose the issue to death. The boat threw a service light - code scan it and find out what issue it is having. Code scanners aren't all that expensive...no more than the automotive versions:

http://www.michiganmotorz.com/codemate-tester-mefi-code-reader-p-2459.html?gclid=CLTR8ruV470CFe87Mgodtj4AOw

http://www.mefiburn.com/

Are you getting a high-pitched whistle? If so, that's your engine screaming for fuel. Suggestion-- change fuel filter, then pull your fuel pump off and remove and clean the tiny screen on the inlet side. you'd be surprised at how plugged it can get over time. I clean mine every two seasons and just had to do it this weekend. Runs like a champ now. Good luck.

I don't think the 07 in tank has a screen BICBW.

^^^ THIS

What's the fault code?

You can arm chair diagnose the issue to death. The boat threw a service light - code scan it and find out what issue it is having. Code scanners aren't all that expensive...no more than the automotive versions:

http://www.michiganmotorz.com/codemate-tester-mefi-code-reader-p-2459.html?gclid=CLTR8ruV470CFe87Mgodtj4AOw

http://www.mefiburn.com/

AND THIS. You don't even need to invest in one of these scanners though cuz it's already built in your dash screen. Figure out what the code is, then look it up here: http://www.bakesonline.com/images/MediaLibrary/IndmarDiagnosticTroubleCodes.pdf

Is that located under the back seat? Thank you guys for all the help!

Yeah, remove middle back seat cushion, it's probably hinged so just unscrew and get it out of the way.