Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis Hulls

Bradley Thornton

I have wondered this and being we have a Axis topic thought I would ask.

Do the hulls compare to Malibu boats at all

As in

SV23=

V25=

or maybe even

04 down VLX=

05-08 VLX=

You get the point. It just with Malibu you tell me the year I think about the hull and know how the boat will perform.

I have no idea how they compare none in my area. Just thought this would be some great info to have for this topic and for my own knowledge.

I did read that someone had went to the factory and was told one of the big difference was that the Malibu hull and top was one piece and the Axis was two pieces. If this is wrong correct me.

This is what I have acquired to help.

A20

Length= 20'/6.10m

Beam= 98"/2.49m

Draft= 27"/.69m

Seating Capacity= 11 persons

Weight= 3500lbs/1588K

Fuel Capacity= 48 Gal/182L

Hull Type= WAKE

A22

Length= 22'/6.71m

Beam= 100"/2.54m

Draft= 27"/.69m

Seating Capacity= 15 persons

Weight= 4000lbs/1814K

Fuel Capacity= 48 Gal/182L

Hull Type= WAKE

A24

Length= 24'/7.32m

Beam= 102"/2.59m

Draft= 27"/.69m

Seating Capacity= 17 persons

Weight= 4500lbs/2041K

Fuel Capacity= 78 Gal/295L

Hull Type= WAKE/SURF

Will post more info later

Those are just specs off the brochure. Thought you were wanting to know IF (and a big IF) the A20 and/or A22 were copied Malibu hulls with a new top deck. The A24 is an original hull design.

Those are just specs off the brochure. Thought you were wanting to know IF (and a big IF) the A20 and/or A22 were copied Malibu hulls with a new top deck. The A24 is an original hull design.

Not so mush if the hulls were copied but how one compares to the other wake wise.

With that said I thought having some info on the Axis would be nice I don't have a dealer in my state so any info is good info.

Brad, I bought my A22 based on the wake performance of the 05-08 VLX. I was told they were very very very close by someone in the game. I can tell you now, they are. Last year my buddy brought home a 06 VLX. I took bunch of pictures of the transom of his boat, then took some of mine…. to my naked eye they look identical. I know that they might not be identical, but close enough.

I had a friend who had a 07 VLX with with about 3500 lbs in it. He came and rode mine with 3800 lbs, both boats without the wedge. He said they felt the same.

Sorry, no real info to take to the bank, just my experience, but I would guess they took that V25 hull, changed the front end, and tried to not mess up the rear too much.

• Like 2