Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The most important part of your 'Bu is...

Kalamazoo

Brad,

Welcome to theMalibucrew. This is an big day for you... you don't realize it yet, but by joining TMC, today is the beginning of a process that ends with you trading in that Cobalt for a Wakesetter.

You will find many good folks on this forum committed to helping you with this important transition in your life. Help us help you!

Sincerely,

IXFE

P.S. I agree with everything in your post, except the part about owning a Cobalt. ;)

I just happend upon this site as I was trying to find the date of the building collapse. I am the owner of the other customer owned boat mentioned in this post. I would have to say that my experience with this dealership has been quite the opposite. From the day I bought my boat in December until now it has been nothing short of a pleasure dealing with these folks. I was notified the day of the building collapse, and informed regardless of any damage they would be willing to refund my money. I wanted to keep my boat. They have been doing their best from what I can tell to get my boat back to its original condition. They have gone so far as to offer to renegotiate my deal when the boat is complete. I don't know anything about the 5 broken rafters, but if they deemed it unsafe I don't believe they would have left the boats there. I live 5 1/2 hours away(west central Indiana) and would not hesitate to do business with them again. If my boat is is not up to my standards when repaired, yes it will be a bummer, but I would have to question my own integrity if I expected anything but a full and complete refund. This was not a purpose driven incident and to profit from it would be wrong.

Brad

You'll truly enjoy this site.

I'm glad to hear of your positive experience and hope they continue.

I saw your boat, hope they get it back to great condition. We certainly were in similar situations...difference being my boat wasn't supposed to be there and when asked 2x to move it (or let me move it when I pointed to broken trusses above my head and boat) I was refused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad

You'll truly enjoy this site.

I'm glad to hear of your positive experience and hope they continue.

I saw your boat, hope they get it back to great condition. We certainly were in similar situations...difference being my boat wasn't supposed to be there and when asked 2x to move it (or let me move it when I pointed to broken trusses above my head and boat) I was refused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once the broken trusses were pointed out, i would not have let anyone inside that building until the structural integrity could be assessed (apparently it was assessed overnight or early the next morning. and found to be unsafe).

Once the broken trusses were pointed out, i would not have let anyone inside that building until the structural integrity could be assessed (apparently it was assessed overnight or early the next morning. and found to be unsafe).

Interesting. I was in the building already (with my son no less). Not sure about the assessment part, as my truss observation was around 5pm the night before and the building apparently fell around 5:30 am that morning. But yes, I do agree safety should always be a concern.

Edited by Kalamazoo

Interesting. I was in the building already (with my son no less). Not sure about the assessment part, as my truss observation was around 5pm the night before and the building apparently fell around 5:30 am that morning. But yes, I do agree safety should always be a concern.

sorry, i knew you were in the building but i thought it was your son who discovered the broken trusses (ie: they were an unknown before you entered).

I meant the snow load on the building carried out the assessment by causing the roof to collapse.

Edited by Cervelo

I'd be highly surprised if their insurance investigator didn't deny them claims for the building if they knew they trusses were broken and didn't do anything.

If they really found out the day before, the insurance company would thank them for not having a multi million dollar claim from someone getting killed trying to save a 100K worth of boat damage.

To be clear...I do not think they knew of the damage before my son and I were there and then pointed it out to them (while pointing at at the damage). Once we were unable to pull the boat, the door was closed, locked and presumably nobody entered before the roof collapse approx 12 hours later.

To be clear...I do not think they knew of the damage before my son and I were there and then pointed it out to them (while pointing at at the damage). Once we were unable to pull the boat, the door was closed, locked and presumably nobody entered before the roof collapse approx 12 hours later.

Then I wouldn't fault them for not letting you pull the boat out. Sure it shouldn't have been there in the first place, but not letting anyone get under that roof was probably a good call.