Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Performance trailer question

PTM

Team,

Malibu used performance trailers in the early 2000's my question are they still in business or did another company buy them?

I'm looking to modify one of their trailers for fit in my garage and not sure if it's possible.

I can't find their number or website anywhere.

Thanks

PTM

They went out of business a while ago. I think the guy who started it, sold it to new owners who bankrupted it. Apparently, the original guy subsequently started up Road King trailers. You might want to try them.

This is all hearsay...just what I read on the information superhighway when I was registering my boat/trailer that i purchased used.

It's just semantics', but "Malibu" didn't use Performance Trailers. A few dealers, ourselves included, used Performance Trailers of Lake George, NY for a few years in the late 90's and early 2000's, and I believe one dealer used them for even longer. Now bear in mind that there are other "Performance Trailers" named companies, do depending on your location you may have something else.

Performance Trailers (lake George, NY) moved to Warrensburg, NY, but they are still in business and custom building trailers every day for customers.

Malibu for years offered "SMP" (Sweetwater Metal Products) trailers from TN, and later Boatmate. They offered Extreme in CA, and might have offered Dorsey or another from out west.

Malibu was never in the trailer mfg business, and up until recently always offered the dealers the option of buying any trailer they wanted, from any mfg. (This is still the best route in my opinion) Dealers in certain regions tend to stick with what they know, and like covers & bimini tops, offer what works best for their customers.

Peter

Hmm...that's good to know. I think the Performance that I researched was from Florida.

Now, I don't know which "Performance" trailer I own. My boat was originally purchased from East Coast Flightcraft in 2003.

What is the question/what needs to be modified?

Trailer companies bend, weld, make bunks, and paint or powder coat. But they buy axles, tongues, actuators, folding kits, suspension systems, etc. Maybe what you need changed can be helped or answered here by someone.

The only Performance Trailers ever used by ECFC was the company I mentioned, currently in Warrensburg, NY. Give them a call if need be.

On the other hand if you need to add a swing tongue or the like to your trailer, we are located 15 miles south of them, and we can modify your trailer too.

Peter.

Need to put a swing or removable tongue to fit in a 21 ft garage and from looking at the trailer I'm not sure if it's possible.

Was going to call and ask if they had a kit or if it was a full rebuild-

Need to put a swing or removable tongue to fit in a 21 ft garage and from looking at the trailer I'm not sure if it's possible.

Was going to call and ask if they had a kit or if it was a full rebuild-

Have a picture of what you are working with?

I know ECFC will do it. Bought a boat from them in the fall and this was part of the discussion though I didn't follow through. Just removed the coupler for the winter.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk