Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

TXi LED Interior Lights

ahopkins22LSV

Looks Great! Where did you get your supplies? How do they work when you cut your strips, how do you attach the wires?

Another project to do before the ice melts.

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

Looks Great! Where did you get your supplies? How do they work when you cut your strips, how do you attach the wires?

Another project to do before the ice melts.

Thanks! And I just bought these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006O66YOK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are multiple different colors. You can cut them every 3 LEDs. You just have to solder new wire leads on. The TXi has existing wiring going to the stock LEDs that is controlled through the MTC. I just bought more bullet connectors and "plugged" into the existing wiring. I cut the length to the opens on the sides/bow and inside of the Malibu Emblem then zip tied them in place for the side storage pockets, to the wiring harness that is already running through the gunwhale. The strips have an adhesive back so inside of the emblems I just stuck them on. Same in the bow. I was actually surprised how good the bow ones looked because there is nothing to zip tie them to in there even though there is a wiring harness. I stuck them to the inside of the fiberglass where it is actually a finished surface, not raw glass. So the lights are actually shinning into the pocket and not down. Hopefully the adhesive holds.

I love the look off the colored underwater lights, I really wanted to do red, however I was discouraged from red or blue as the lake police are starting to ticket those two colors as they are "reserved" for emergency vehicles. With that said white ones going to be installed at the next service.

The blue interior looks amazing, you did an outstanding job!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk